TASER Reports Orders for 1,300 Weapons
Feb 7th 2013 1:34PM
Updated Feb 7th 2013 2:51PM
On Thursday, TASER announced that it has secured multiple contracts for sale of its TASER stun guns and replacement cartridges, all expected to ship in the first half of 2013.
The orders cover 955 TASER X26 conducted electrical weapons, as well as 409 units of the more expensive TASER X2 and X26P, and various consumable parts, which could add up to more than $1.8 million at list prices. TASER listed the following purchasers in its press release:
- Richmond County Sheriff's Office in Georgia: 136 TASER X2s.
- Tulsa Police Department in Oklahoma: 33 X2s.
- Garfield County Sheriff's Office in Colorado: 30 X2s.
- Sunnyvale (California) Department of Public Safety: 210 X26Ps.
- Philadelphia Police Department: 225 X26s.
- Unnamed U.S. federal law enforcement agency: 130 X26s.
- Unspecified United Kingdom orders: 100 X26s
- U.S. Army: 500 X26s.
The article TASER Reports Orders for 1,300 Weapons originally appeared on Fool.com.Fool contributor Rich Smith has no position in any stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.