Comcast Business Services Offers Hotel Industry an All-in-One Communications Suite
Comcast Business Hospitality delivers advanced data, video and voice services in one integrated offering
PHILADELPHIA--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Comcast, a global media and technology company, today announced Comcast Business Hospitality, a new product suite consisting of Ethernet, Internet, video and voice services packaged in one integrated offering customized for the hospitality industry. Available across its entire service area, Comcast's new product suite enables hotels and motels to leverage advanced technology from a single provider to improve the guest experience, streamline back-office operations and reduce costs.
As the line between business and pleasure continues to blur for many travelers, seamless connectivity and high-speed Internet access are in high demand. With Comcast Business Hospitality, hotels and motels can provide their guests with fast and reliable Internet connectivity, quality voice services and up to 60 high-definition (HD) channels in each room - and the services scale quickly to meet growing business needs, seasonal demands and other peak usage periods.
"The needs of today's modern traveler are changing, and high-performance connectivity is now just as important as price, location and loyalty programs when selecting a hotel," said Alexandra Sewell, senior director of Hospitality Services and Cross-Segment Verticals, Comcast Business Services. "Hospitality decision makers must adapt to support this trend, and Comcast Business Hospitality offers them an easy way to do so by packaging scalable, cutting-edge technology with a fast and reliable network - without complicating back-end operations. In an extremely competitive market, this is a vital business differentiator for hotel properties."
The combination of Comcast's broad portfolio of services, high-performance network and dedicated hospitality support team make it uniquely suited to meet the needs of the hospitality industry. Comcast operates and supports its advanced network, which is separate and diverse from traditional telecom carrier networks and serves 20 of the nation's 25 largest markets. The strength and reach of Comcast's network, which is a result of decades of investments by the company, provides hotels with a reliable connection - even across geographically dispersed properties - and enables them to deliver seamless data, video and voice services, including:
- Business Hospitality Ethernet - Provides fast, reliable and secure network connectivity and scalable bandwidth from 1 Megabit per second (Mbps) to 10 Gigabits per second (Gbps). Hospitality organizations can easily and quickly adjust their bandwidth levels based on guest demand - often by simply placing a phone call.
- Business Hospitality Internet - Offers a range of speeds to address changing needs, including download speeds of up to 100 Mbps and upload speeds of up to 10 Mbps. Additionally, the service equips IT departments with two modems - one for the property's back office and one for hotel guests - so they can better manage network traffic and maintain fast browsing speeds for guests surfing the Web.
- Business Hospitality TV - Provides quality HD video service with up to 60 HD channels. Designed specifically for the hospitality industry, Comcast's HD video services are delivered via a single piece of equipment that enables property managers to remotely manage video feeds - simplifying upkeep and maintenance and providing for better design aesthetics, as set top equipment is no longer required in guest rooms.
- Business Hospitality Voice - Provides hotel properties with full-featured phone lines, including call management and other advanced business functions.
- Business Hospitality Trunks - Connects legacy PBX equipment with Comcast's advanced IP network, enabling hotels and motels - and their guests - to experience next-generation voice services. Property managers can also remain confident that their investments in existing technology will be protected.
For more information on Comcast Business Hospitality, please visit http://business.comcast.com/enterprise/industry-solutions/hospitality.
About Comcast Business Services
Comcast Business Services, a unit of Comcast Cable, provides advanced communication solutions to help organizations of all sizes meet their business objectives. Through a modern, advanced network that is backed by 24/7 technical support, Comcast delivers Business Class Internet, TV and Voice services for cost-effective, simplified communications management.
Launched in 2011, the Comcast Business Class Ethernet suite offers high-performance point-to-point and multi-point Metro Ethernet services with the capacity to deliver cloud computing, software-as-a-service, business continuity/disaster recovery and other bandwidth-intensive applications. Comcast Metro Ethernet services are significantly faster than standard T1 lines and other legacy technologies, providing scalable bandwidth from 1 Mbps up to 10 Gigabits-per-second (Gbps) in more than 20 major US markets.
For more information, call 866-429-3085 or visit http://business.comcast.com/enterprise.
About Comcast Cable
Comcast Cable is the nation's largest video, high-speed Internet and phone provider to residential customers under the XFINITY brand and also provides these services to businesses. Comcast has invested in technology to build an advanced network that delivers among the fastest broadband speeds, and brings customers personalized video, communications and home management offerings. Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) is a global media and technology company.
Visit www.comcastcorporation.com for more information.
KEYWORDS: United States North America Pennsylvania
The article Comcast Business Services Offers Hotel Industry an All-in-One Communications Suite originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.