Q-interactive, Groundbreaking Mobile Solution for Interactive Assessments, Now Available to Qualified Clinicians
Professionals Realize Significant Time and Cost Savings With Platform Leveraging Ease and Portability of iPad Technology
BLOOMINGTON, Minn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Pearson today announced the release of Q-interactive™, an innovative mobile solution for professionals involved in the administration of psychological, neuropsychological and other diagnostic interactive assessments.
Q-interactive leverages the ease and portability of current Apple® iPad® tablet technology, allowing clinicians to choose and customize batteries and administer, score and manage clinical assessments anytime, anywhere. With this technology, test administration and scoring are streamlined so clinicians can capture and record critical client behaviors and nuances that are crucial to successful assessment and treatment. Data from a four-month public beta throughout the United States revealed that clinicians using Q-interactive realized an average time savings of 30 percent when compared with using paper and pencil, and an average of 35 percent in cost savings.
"The clinicians who participated in our public beta agree: The launch of Q-interactive truly represents a groundbreaking turning point for interactive clinical assessments," said Linda Gerardi, director of Q-interactive at Pearson, who shared feedback from beta participants:
- Dr. Sheila Balog, a psychologist who practices in multiple states, said, "Q-Interactive has moved psychological testing into the 21st century! The portability and accessibility of the materials and my data are unrivaled in the testing industry. Flying with two iPads is much easier than transporting kits, or spending extra money to purchase multiple sets of materials. The platform is extremely easy to learn and use, and made my transition from paper materials to electronic administration seamless."
- Dr. Richard J. Perrillo, a neuropsychologist in private practice in San Francisco, who administered nearly 130 subtests during the beta, said, "I love the way Q-interactive reduces examiner fatigue."
- A high school psychologist from Illinois who administered more than 100 subtests, commented, "Q-interactive has singlehandedly changed the future of psychological assessments for us as school psychologists. It is very user-friendly and has dramatically cut down the amount of time I need to both administer and score assessments. The days of carrying bags and briefcases full of heavy testing instruments are a thing of the past."
Q-interactive frees clinicians from having to carry and manage multiple manuals, stimulus books, record forms, notepads, a stopwatch and manipulatives, while providing everything they need to be fully prepared. Q-interactive not only puts a comprehensive library of assessment tools right in the palm of their hands, but provides much-needed portability in today's 24x7 world.
Q-interactive's assessment library offers an array of test batteries and subtests for assessing domains such as ability, achievement, memory, executive function and language. Currently, the following assessments and subtests are available in the Q-interactive Assessment Library, with more to come in the near future:
- WAIS-IV (Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale - Fourth Edition)
- WISC-IV (Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children - Fourth Edition)
- CVLT-II (The California Verbal Learning Test - Second Edition)
- CVLT-C (The California Verbal Learning Test - Children's Version)
- D-KEFS (Delis-Kaplan Executive Function System) - Selected tests
For more information and pricing for Q-interactive, visit http://www.helloq.com/home/.
Pearson, the world's leading learning company, has global reach and market-leading businesses in education, business information and consumer publishing (NYS: PSO) . For more information, visit www.pearsonassessments.com, or www.pearsoned.com.
Adam Gaber, 800-745-8489
KEYWORDS: United States North America Minnesota
The article Q-interactive, Groundbreaking Mobile Solution for Interactive Assessments, Now Available to Qualified Clinicians originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.