Henry Schein MicroMD ® Expands Functionality to Support and Promote Patient Communication and Care Coordination
Enhancements to company's eSERVICES automation solutions line will deliver extensive integration and customization to optimize efficiency and profitability for providers
BOARDMAN, Ohio--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Henry Schein MicroMD®, a provider of proven and cost-effective practice management (PM) and electronic medical records (EMR) systems, today unveiled enhancements of its MicroMD eSERVICES provider automation solutions line. Partnered with some of today's "best in class" healthcare vendors, the new solutions will provide physician practices with functionality, such as patient communications, electronic patient payments, and HIPAA-compliant data backup and monitoring, all which are fully integrated with MicroMD PM and EMR software. Henry Schein, Inc. (NAS: HSIC) is the world's largest provider of health care products and services to office-based dental, medical and animal health practitioners.
MicroMD eSERVICES automation solutions include:
- dashboardMD: Extracts data directly from MicroMD PM to present real-time business intelligence dashboard tools, revenue cycle analytics and reporting for optimizing practice performance.
- Demandforce ® : Automates online marketing and patient communications with guaranteed results.
- MicroMD eBackUp: Minimizes risks associated with manual data backup via secure, automated, HIPAA-compliant online data backup and monitoring.
- MicroMD ePayments powered by Moneris Solutions: Integrates Moneris's payments gateway and card scanning technology with MicroMD PM and eStatements so practices can offer patients the security and convenience of receiving and paying medical bills electronically.
- MicroMD eStatements: Outsourced print and online statements, as well as online patient statement presentment and credit card payment with auto-posting directly into the MicroMD PM software.
- MedBank ™ Websites: Enables healthcare providers to easily define and maintain a robust and customizable medical website for patients to learn about their practice and providers, and view clinical information related to treatment.
- PDR ® Network (Physicians' Desk Reference ® ) Digital Solutions: PDR delivers in-workflow medication support services including PDR® BRIEF, a compact module containing quick reference drug-specific safety information and product support resources and RxEvent, a streamlined adverse drug event reporting tool accessible from within MicroMD EMR.
- Transworld Systems ® : Increases cash flow from slow-paying and non-paying patients and/or unresolved claims through a suite of a la carte services ranging from first-party follow-up to more intensive third party collections.
These enhancements join existing MicroMD eSERVICES capabilities which include:
- Preferred clearinghouse vendors: Gateway EDI, ECP, RealMed and Practice Insight
- MedicScan™ OCR insurance card and license scanning
- Topaz Systems™eSignature capture technology
- MicroMD Patient Portal
- Dragon® Medical Practice Edition speech recognition solution
"As practices face challenges with new reimbursements models, regulatory changes and meeting incentive requirements for improving healthcare delivery, physicians must look at every area of their practice to ensure office efficiency and to fortify their revenue cycle," says Bruce Lieberthal, vice president of emerging technologies for Henry Schein MicroMD. "We are delighted to provide these new electronic solutions to advance and strengthen care coordination and profitability."
The Henry Schein MicroMD brand of practice solutions encompasses simple yet powerful electronic medical records and practice management software that help facilitate the delivery of superior patient care; automate incentive and quality reporting activities; and streamline operations for today's busy providers. Full-featured, time-tested and budget-friendly, the MicroMD CCHIT-certified, award-winning software helps small practices, large medical groups, community health centers and billing services accelerate progress towards a paperless environment and health information exchange with minimal disruption and stress. High client retention rates attest to its market-leading presence and client-centric focus. Visit us at www.micromd.com or call 1-800-624-8832.
About Henry Schein, Inc.
Henry Schein, Inc. (NAS: HSIC) is the world's largest provider of health care products and services to office-based dental, medical and animal health practitioners. The Company also serves dental laboratories, government and institutional health care clinics, and other alternate care sites. A Fortune 500® Company and a member of the NASDAQ 100® Index, Henry Schein employs nearly 15,000 Team Schein Members and serves approximately 775,000 customers. The Company offers a comprehensive selection of products and services, including value-added solutions for operating efficient practices and delivering high-quality care. Henry Schein operates through a centralized and automated distribution network, with a selection of more than 90,000 national and Henry Schein private-brand products in stock, as well as more than 100,000 additional products available as special-order items. The Company also offers its customers exclusive, innovative technology solutions, including practice management software and e-commerce solutions, as well as a broad range of financial services.
Headquartered in Melville, N.Y., Henry Schein has operations or affiliates in 25 countries. The Company's sales reached a record $8.5 billion in 2011, and have grown at a compound annual rate of 18% since becoming a public company in 1995. For more information, visit the Henry Schein Web site at www.henryschein.com.
Henry Schein, Inc.
Vice President, Corporate Communications
KEYWORDS: United States North America Ohio
The article Henry Schein MicroMD® Expands Functionality to Support and Promote Patient Communication and Care Coordination originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.