11 Easy and Great Ways to Save Money in 2013
byDec 27th 2012 6:00AM
- 1. Pay down high-interest credit cards first
- 2. Correct your tax status
- 3. Buy the stocks of dividend-paying companies
- 4. Buy bonds
- 5. Make a 401(k) or Roth IRA contribution
- 6. Eliminate your checking fees
- 7. Customize your health care plan
- 8. Buy generic foods and products
- 9. Scour travel sites for deals and be flexible
- 10. Become a DIY homeowner
- 11. Donate
- More expert advice from The Motley Fool
Fool contributor Sean Williams has no material interest in any companies mentioned in this article. The Motley Fool owns shares of Johnson & Johnson, ExxonMobil, and Starbucks, as well as puts on Starbucks. Motley Fool newsletter services have recommended buying shares of Coca-Cola, Johnson & Johnson, and Starbucks, as well as buying calls on Johnson & Johnson and writing covered calls on Starbucks.
The article 11 Easy and Great Ways to Save Money in 2013 originally appeared on Fool.com.