Aerohive Teams up With iPass to Form Managed Wi-Fi Service Partnership
iPass Managed Service Provider (MSP) to Create Turn-Key Wi-Fi Solutions for Enterprises Based on Aerohive Technology
SUNNYVALE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Aerohive Networks, the leader in controller-less Wi-Fi and cloud-enabled enterprise networking, today announced its partnership with iPass Inc., (NAS: IPAS) Managed Network Services (MNS), a leading enterprise, Wi-Fi and high-speed wide area networking (WAN) platform provider. As a managed service provider (MSP), this new partnership enables Aerohive and iPass to join forces and deliver a fully managed, secure Wi-Fi solution for the distributed enterprise and venue owners.
- Seamless mobility with straightforward deployment, management and scale are all critical attributes for today's enterprise networks.
- Aerohive's Cloud Service Platform, with its public and private cloud technology, allows iPass to quickly deploy and manage enterprise WLANs without deployment of servers or controllers at every customer location. This unique cloud-enabled networking architecture provides flexibility and scale to end-user organizations without capital investments in additional hardware and software.
- Aerohive's distributed Wi-Fi architecture and cloud-enabled infrastructure creates the ideal environment for a Managed Service Provider (MSP) to quickly generate new service offerings and move them to production environments without extensive back office architectural changes. As a result, MSPs are up and running in no time, selling services through this cloud interface.
- With WiFiEXTEND, iPass Managed Network Services (MNS) offers a portfolio of highly available WLAN and Wi-Fi networking solutions to businesses with multiple geographically distributed locations. iPass has integrated Aerohive's robust, controller-less technology into their cloud Wi-Fi solution.
- Together, Aerohive and iPass help simplify networking by reducing the cost and complexity of distributed enterprise WLAN deployments with cloud-enabled Wi-Fi solutions.
- For more information on Aerohive's award winning technology, please visit https://www.aerohive.com/solutions/solutions-overview.
"Delivering great turnkey Wi-Fi as a service is becoming more and more important for fast growing verticals like retail, where rapid deployment of robust and secure Wi-Fi that can easily scale is critical," said Bill Hoppin, VP of business development, Aerohive Networks. "We are very excited about this partnership and know that together we will bring next generation Wi-Fi technology to even more businesses."
"This strategic alliance with Aerohive is exciting, as our customers are seeking scalable and streamlined Wi-Fi solutions to support the ever increasing demand for integrated mobility at the edge and the delivery of more bandwidth," said Chris Linden, VP and general manager, iPass MNS. "Aerohive's cloud-enabled, distributed architecture is an ideal environment for iPass to provide highly available network infrastructure, enabling us to deliver robust, managed Wi-Fi services to our customers."
The Managed Network Services division of iPass delivers customized internet-based wide area and Wi-Fi networking solutions for the enterprise. iPass runs a state-of-the-art IP VPN Management Platform to remotely manage large enterprise-grade networks and deliver the security, availability and performance required today. iPass has relationships with over 200 internet broadband access providers, to provide a wide variety of high speed technologies delivering 100 percent coverage for its customers.
iPass helps enterprises and telecom service providers ensure their employees and subscribers stay well connected. Founded in 1996, iPass delivers the world's largest commercial-grade Wi-Fi network and trusted connectivity platform. With more than 1 million Wi-Fi hotspots across 120 countries and territories, iPass gives its customers always-on, frictionless connectivity for smartphones, tablets and laptops anywhere in the world - simply, securely and cost-effectively. Additional information is available at www.iPass.com or on Smarter Connections, the iPass blog.
About Aerohive Networks
People want to work anywhere; on any device, and IT needs to enable them -- without drowning in complexity or compromising on security, performance, reliability or cost. Aerohive's mission is to Simpli-Fi these enterprise access networks with a cloud-enabled, self-organizing, service-aware, identity-based infrastructure that includes innovative Wi-Fi, VPN, branch routing and switching solutions.
Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif. The company's investors include Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Northern Light Venture Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Inc. (NEA) and Institutional Venture Partners (IVP).For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog or become a fan on our Facebook page.
KEYWORDS: United States North America California
The article Aerohive Teams up With iPass to Form Managed Wi-Fi Service Partnership originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2012 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.