United Rentals Branches to Host Nationwide Equipment Sale
December 6 Event to Offer Financing and Service Options
GREENWICH, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- United Rentals, Inc. (NYS: URI) today announced that the company will host its first-ever nationwide Used Equipment Sale on Thursday, December 6, 2012, from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time. The sale will be staged at more than 120 participating branches in the United States, giving buyers the opportunity to acquire quality equipment from a reputable supplier at a fraction of its original cost.
United Rentals equipment specialists will be on hand at each branch to answer questions about applications and safe operation. Additional features of interest include:
- Over 20,000 items offered for sale nationwide, in categories ranging from boom lifts, scissor lifts, backhoes, dozers and trenchers, to mixers, air tools, compressors, power tools and more.
- Purchased direct from top-tier manufacturers, including Multiquip®, JLG®, Genie® and Case®, and utilized exclusively in the company's rental fleet, unless otherwise specified.
- Maintained and inspected by United Rentals service technicians prior to sale to ensure equipment is ready to work.
- Backed by United Rentals via two optional service programs: Make it Right - $99 coverage that waives repair costs to the buyer for 30 days; and United Guard - comprehensive coverage that reduces costs and ensures service for a term of six months to three years at company branches nationwide.
- Facilitated by financing options made available through an arrangement with Captive Finance, including flexible terms and payment plans.
- Timed to give buyers the benefit of IRS Section 179: 100% deduction taken this year for equipment bought before year-end. Available with a properly structured lease or loan, or outright purchase.
Visit UnitedRentals.com/sale to learn more, find a sale location near you, browse current inventory, or schedule an appointment. Prospective buyers may also visit any participating United Rentals location on December 6 with no appointment required.
About United Rentals
United Rentals, Inc. is the largest equipment rental company in the world, with an integrated network of 848 rental locations in 48 states and 10 Canadian provinces. The company's approximately 11,200 employees serve construction and industrial customers, utilities, municipalities, homeowners and others. The company offers for rent approximately 3,400 classes of equipment with a total original cost of $7.40 billion. United Rentals is a member of the Standard & Poor's MidCap 400 Index and the Russell 3000 Index® and is headquartered in Greenwich, Conn.
United Rentals, Inc.
Fred Bratman, 203-618-7318
KEYWORDS: United States North America Connecticut
The article United Rentals Branches to Host Nationwide Equipment Sale originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2012 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.