Black Friday Sales: The Big Guide to Deals, Stores and Opening Times

Best Buy Black Friday
Black Friday isn't necessarily the best day to do your holiday shopping, especially if you have an aversion to waiting in long lines or fighting through hordes of shoppers. But there are certainly some great deals to be found for those willing to brave the crowds.
Will you be heading to the stores on Thanksgiving night?
You bet, I'll be there when doors open at 8pm.1845 (23.8%)
No, it's family time.2972 (38.4%)
I'm going to do my Black Friday shopping online.1118 (14.4%)
And miss football? You must be joking.684 (8.8%)
After turkey, the only thing I'll head to is a pillow.1130 (14.6%)

And the good news for consumers -- if not for retail employees -- is that Black Friday hours have been expanded more than ever to fit our schedules. Want to be bail on Thanksgiving dinner early, grab some bargains, and still be back home in time to get a good night's sleep? Walmart and Sears, among others, are opening at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving. Want to see how the New York Jets fare against the New England Patriots first, then shop? Other stores are opening at midnight. And if you're an early riser, plenty of retailers are following the traditional course of opening bright and early Friday morning.

We scanned the various Black Friday circulars that have been released so far to give you the scoop on who has the best deals and what time you should get in line. We'll update this article and gallery as new ads are leaked and posted in the coming days.

Matt Brownell is the consumer and retail reporter for DailyFinance. You can reach him at Matt.Brownell@teamaol.com, and follow him on Twitter at @Brownellorama.

What is Inflation?

Why do prices go up?

How Financial Planners go Grocery Shopping

Learn to shop smart and save.

freethedems2012

I see Evan has been here with his magic thumbs up, thumbs down wand.

November 24 2012 at 3:07 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
freethedems2012

I'm going to give what I save NOT SHOPPING to charity.

November 23 2012 at 7:28 PM Report abuse -4 rate up rate down Reply
ingeniousinvesting@gmail.com

The deals on Black Friday are overrated and retail employees are forced to work more than they should have to. In the end everyone loses.

www.ingeniousinvesting.com

November 22 2012 at 2:55 PM Report abuse +6 rate up rate down Reply
hbrascal2

Would you be happy working at a super store at 8:00 on Thursday?

November 21 2012 at 2:37 AM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
Ken

Thanksgiving used to be my favorite holiday. No shopping for presents, you got a chance to have a great time, and a great meal at home with all your relatives and then have a four day weekend off with no other obligations.
Now i have to go to work on the holiday and the Friday after and work all through the night. I get to spend very little time with my family and have to be careful as I have to go to work. If thats an improvement on the quality of life I must have missed the point. Just so some people can spend money they don't have!!!!!!!!!!

November 15 2012 at 9:55 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Jay

I refuse to shop at any store that wants to ruin the thanksgiving day holiday. There was a time a few years ago that all businesses closed their doors and allowed their employees time with their families. Now it is just a race for the dollar. So to all of you opening up on Thanksgiving day take note.....I for one will not shop at any of your stores. I would encourage anyone else with family values to do the same.

November 15 2012 at 9:52 AM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply
nancycshack

Thanksgiving is just that. Time for Family and giving thanks for what you have. Not about buying more.

November 15 2012 at 6:58 AM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
alantatanka

Save your money and do something really worthwhile for you and your community at the same time. Stay at home with your loved ones. Build a family bond that has meaning to our children again. Love each other again before it's to late..

November 15 2012 at 2:19 AM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
mrgadgetou812

By the way. The guy has a lawsuit against Sears and I hope he wins and wins big.

November 14 2012 at 11:57 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
mrgadgetou812

Diid anyone see World News Tonight about Sears? In case you didn't, a guy made a wrench that grips a bolt on six sides. Sears was selling it in their stores for 19.99. The sales were enough for Sears to ask the manufacturer to sell exclusively to Sears, to which he agreed. This year he had no orders from Sears for the tool. Come to find out Sears contracted a company in China to build a very similar tool. It now sells in Sears stores for 19.99, the same price as the one made here in the states. The loss of business caused 30 American jobs. Big companies don't care, because most will still frequent these businesses. I have a double toolbox full of Sears tools. I won't ever buy so much as a tape measure or screwdriver again from Sears. I can not support a company that profits from loss of jobs here at home. This is my opinion and my right.

November 14 2012 at 11:54 PM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to mrgadgetou812's comment
coochiescooter

That's pretty funny while you type on your foreign made computer which is responsible for thousands of jobless Americans.

November 24 2012 at 10:56 AM Report abuse -5 rate up rate down Reply