15 Corporate Heroes, Antiheroes, and Villains of Hurricane Sandy

Citibank hurricane sandy relief
By Minyanville Staff

The real heroes in any disaster are the first responders, public servants, and neighbors who rush in to serve, saving lives. In the past few days, as New York and New Jersey have faced an unprecedented storm, private sector corporations have also stepped in, lending support and services to the victims of Hurricane Sandy. Although their motivations might not always be pure, their actions deserve recognition.

As can be expected, however, the storm has also unveiled a few unsavory characters, merchants ready to profit from the storm or those looking for a way to promote a private agenda. As the Hurricane Sandy recovery and rescue efforts continue, here's a look at some of the emerging corporate heroes, antiheroes, and villains of the ongoing story.

Get info on stocks mentioned in this article:

Basics of Diversification

Learn one of the fundamental concepts of building a portfolio.

Investing in Emerging Markets

Learn to invest in a globalized world.

gail

How I absolutely loathe Trump. He's a selfish arrogant pig and I can't even imagine he thought he could run for president! Stick to your beauty pagents and casinos and STFU!

November 08 2012 at 5:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Greg Brooks ME

When I lived in Connecticut I recall Trump bad mouthing the Indian Casino. He rubbed me wrong with that one. After all we stole their land, displaced their people if not worse. I saw the tax free laws for a tribe on the verge of extinction as a well-deserved restitution. Mr. Trump only saw profit loss, his profit.

November 08 2012 at 4:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
a6intrude

Hey Trump you spineless looser, why don't you write a check to help the people of New York and New Jersey, Oh I forgot you like to fire people. You are a disgrace to America, I suggest you pack your bags buy an island somewhere and leave. But you should not be allowed to take any of your money since you are not an American, I heard you were born in Greenland!! I want to see your birth cerificate Trumpy, you aren't an American!!! Trump born in Greenland that is what I heard.

November 07 2012 at 10:58 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Dina

All these people in NY and NJ who voted for obama will have to ask them to help them after the storm....good luck.....he cares about nobody himself. God save us for these four years because it will be hell to pay. Obama could care less about you people

November 07 2012 at 10:13 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
ron

Lets see how much more damage he can do in the next 4 yrs.Lets see how are military that was the best and the strongest will be in 4 more yrs of him.I am sad that the american people don't OPEN thier eyes and see where and what he has done in the last 4 yrs.but it done now we have to just watch and see.It's just sad.

November 07 2012 at 10:10 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
yatcat49

Donald Trump is a roaring anus and always will be. He could be so much help if he didn't think his stools don't stick.

Chris Christie in 2016; as a Democrat, I would vote for him.

November 07 2012 at 10:09 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Anne

Huff Post should be a corp hero, they came out with a story one Sunday late afternoon about Bain packing up and selling an auto parts plant to China. It took The New York Times 3 weeks to put the same story on their front page.

November 07 2012 at 5:36 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply