Never Pay for These 6 Things Again

Woman holds a purse in New York CitySome of life's little luxuries haven't gotten any more necessary -- but they have become cheaper. From learning a new language to finding a great read, these six things no longer require a line item in your personal budget. Go ahead, indulge for less.

Molly McCluskey owns shares of Pandora, Starbucks, and Amazon.com. Follow her travel and finance tweets on Twitter @MollyEMcCluskey. The Motley Fool owns shares of Amazon.com, Apple, and Google. The Motley Fool owns shares of and has written puts on Starbucks. Motley Fool newsletter services have recommended buying shares of Amazon.com, Starbucks, and Google, and writing covered calls on Starbucks.

Managing your Portfolio

Keeping your portfolio and financial life fit!

Understanding Credit Scores

Credit scores matter -- learn how to improve your score.

Lori Miller

Does this mean I don't have to pay on airlines?

December 15 2012 at 10:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lori Miller

Who is saying hi to me?

December 15 2012 at 10:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
woodytmartin

They forgot your funeral. (You only pay for it once!)

October 27 2012 at 3:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dickbyrne9

Dumpster diving is now an art.

October 27 2012 at 3:25 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
dlb1443

when Mitt says 100% he means 100% of the rich

October 27 2012 at 11:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dlb1443

Mitt you mean 100% of the rich.

October 27 2012 at 11:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rose Dothard

Taxpayers have lost 28 billion dollars on the GM bailout ..... will we ever see that money paid back.. i dont think so

October 27 2012 at 11:23 AM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
xyzel999

About the only thing I pay for now is rent, ele, gas in my car. I buy food stamps from people 50cents on the dollar, buy fake kohls coupons on Ebay & get piles of stuff for less than a dollar in there. I am smart with grocery coupons, get free stuff in the mail, buy things like Abreva, hair color, makeup, ect...on Ebay & pay no shipping. I win big on scratch offs constantly. I can't complain with my current situation no matter who's in office. I don't let the recession cramp my lifestyle.

October 26 2012 at 11:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jwmeritt

Alas, I will have to pay for much. But I will not get what I paid for - I will pay for OTHER people to get it. Why is it termed robbery when someone ELSE takes money at the point of a gun but "taxes" when Obama takes it at the point of a gun (hint: tax LAWS and police are armed)

October 26 2012 at 1:07 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
stratman717

we have to get obama out before we all go broke before it to late to be able to recover from his mistakes that he has made

October 26 2012 at 1:04 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply