Experts explain how to remove mold in a cheap, effective and natural way.
|I use it all the time.||27145 (60.1%)|
|I've never tried.||10472 (23.2%)|
|I've used before, but felt like it wasn't as good as branded cleansers.||7534 (16.7%)|
|Yes, it's a great idea||7791 (73.1%)|
|Yes, useful and entertaining||1982 (18.6%)|
Household mold is not only unsightly, but it can also be a danger to your health, if left untreated. Many brand name mold removers are effective, but aren't exactly the safest and cost-effective solution.
For instance, Lysol costs around $4.50 for a 32-ounce bottle, but is made with harsh chemicals that aren't necessary to get the job done. According to DIY Life, many products are made with chlorine bleach, which contains sodium hypochlorite. When mixed with water, sodium hypochlorite forms hypochlorous acid, which can be harmful to your skin, eyes and lungs.
So, how can you get rid of mold in a safer, more inexpensive way? Reach for a bottle of vinegar. White distilled vinegar can kill 82 percent of mold, and is effective in removing any mold-associated odors. A gallon of vinegar costs around $3, which is just 2 cents per ounce. When compared with the cost of Lysol, vinegar is seven times cheaper. You can't beat that.
Simply mix three parts vinegar with two parts water. Pour into a spray bottle, shake well and spray on the unsuspecting mold. You'll be amazed by the results.
So, when it comes to mold removal, pass on the harsh chemicals and choose this natural solution instead. Your home and your wallet will thank you.