5 Companies That Really Do Care About the World

Green initatives
Consumers are becoming more and more socially conscious and want the goods and services they use to measure up. It doesn't take much. A simple action that costs a company very little -- or nothing at all -- can make a real difference in the mind of a customer and the company's bottom line.

In that spirit, here are five companies that make an effort to make the world a better place for you and me while making a tidy profit for themselves:

John Grgurich is regular contributor to The Motley Fool, and owns no shares of any of the companies mentioned in this article. The Motley Fool owns shares of Microsoft, Coca-Cola, and Amazon.com. Motley Fool newsletter services have recommended buying shares of Microsoft, Coca-Cola, and Amazon.com and creating a bull call spread position in Microsoft.

Learn about investing from the comfort of your own home.

Portfolio Basics

Take the first steps to building your portfolio.

Investment Strategies

Learn the strategies you need to build a winning portfolio

Ann

Life is so lonely .I am an older successful single man at present .I need a woman who can love me back .I also uploaded my hot photos on...MeetYounger.c0m...under the name of Brian..the largest and best club for seeking CEOs, successful and sexy people. .if you girls see this comment,i hope you will check my photos out there.maybe you are the one whom i’m looking for!!LOL

August 09 2012 at 5:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
wild_mind

five new companies to help tax weed by next year in the unites states, do you know what this means,i'll be buying weed at my local circle k

August 08 2012 at 12:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RichWoo.com

Life is so lonely .I am an older successful single man at present .I need a woman who can love me back .I also uploaded my hot photos on...RichWoo.c0m...under the name of Brian..the largest and best club for seeking CEOs, successful and sexy people. .if you girls see this comment,i hope you will check my photos out there.maybe you are the one whom i’m looking for!!LOL

August 06 2012 at 9:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mrb1800

Campaign to Stop Killer Coke | Tell Coca-Cola to STOP the VIOLENCE!

August 06 2012 at 9:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
thomas

How can people possibly be so gullible and deluded as to actually believe these idiots when they say things like "5 Companies That Really Do Care About the World" ? Do Liberals actually believe that Republicans, and by extension the businesses they own, "don't care about the world"? Do they think that I want my kids to grow up in some sort of Mad Max world, or that rich Republicans like Romney or (gasp) the Koch Bros. don't care if the worlds oceans become polluted and the air toxic (the air and water that WE ourselves depend on to live) just so they can make a few more million dollars? What the heck is wrong with you people? You are aware that everybody on the planet, even those who believe your ideology is utter foolishnes, .( Which is actually about 70% of the country) are ALL aware that this is the only planet we have and we depend on its survival for our survival, right?

August 04 2012 at 9:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to thomas's comment
Ken

They are blind to what could happen to many people besides them!...Also, they believe that technology will "clean up" their mess, if worse came to worse..

August 08 2012 at 1:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
circustwo

If I had a product I could easily sell for $1000, I would price it at $600. More people would be able to buy it, (the profit would probably amount to the same) which equals more happy people and a few more jobs. Greed will destroy us all because of a few people that control the world.

August 04 2012 at 10:31 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to circustwo's comment
j.doobie

The world banks, oil barons, and crooked politicians. But the greedy welfare recipients that are capable of working but won't are greedy too. So we're all screwed anyway. You bust your arse and the government has their hand out and carreer welfare recipients make sure that the government always has their hand out. The government is greedy always wanting to borrow more money. What a viscious cycle.

August 04 2012 at 1:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply