BP
The company that caused the worst oil spill in U.S. history, killing oil rig workers, and devastating marine and wildlife habitats -- not to mention the Gulf of Mexico's fishing and tourism industries --- has won a popularity contest, of sorts.

BP (BP) topped a list of brands that have most improved their images in the eyes of U.S. consumers, according to the YouGov BrandIndex.

YouGov, which bills itself as the only daily consumer perception research firm, ranked the brands that made the biggest consumer-perception gains during the first half of 2012. The scores reflect interviews with 5,000 people each weekday from a representative U.S. population.

And BP isn't the only company on its list of U.S. Top Buzz Improvers that will raise eyebrows. Take a look.

Reading a Stock Quote

Learn to read the ingredients of a stock.

What is Short Selling?

Make a profit when stocks prices fall.

ccdae5

PONTIAC, I have three now and would love to buy a new one, my favorite cars!!

August 01 2012 at 10:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ccdae5

Chick-fil-A !!!!!!!!!

August 01 2012 at 10:15 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
sretepp

I have a 17 year old Saturn (sad GM dropped them as they are EVERYWHERE, never had a recall...but NO union) and have used BP for years... I STILL get 31 MPG!

August 01 2012 at 8:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bensonrd

PBS...Hummmm, how can any "publicly owned" corp be so socialist? who do they think they are , AARP??

August 01 2012 at 7:39 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
joynerz

For what ever reason, it seems that PBS can only afford 1990's reruns of british sitcoms. How is it that the PBS can be labeled as a public broadcaster? It's programming is ho-hum at best, and it expects non-profit contributions to keep it financially stable.
It's announced 'contributors' are thinly-veiled advertisements.

July 31 2012 at 10:08 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Mike

I remember when MTV was actually about music and those Dorito tacos sound horrible (though I admit I have never tried one). BP stations are more expensive where I live, so I never go there. No surprise that Toyota would make a comeback.

July 31 2012 at 12:23 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
aldebaran042363

must be a slow day for news.

July 31 2012 at 11:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mastercraftmyers

BP, GE, Chase Bank, plus All Banks,
You have been removed from my Christmas List Forever !!!!! You are worthless !!!

Did I forget anyone???

July 31 2012 at 9:25 AM Report abuse +5 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to mastercraftmyers's comment
SKIP

do you think they care. or will it hurt the bottom line ?

August 01 2012 at 12:41 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Kay

Never will like BP. PBS has always been good for me, when I can receive it, where I live sometimes the reception is not great. Plus around here Taco Bell has always been a good fast food. As for the others, I don't have anything to do with them. When I did use Blue Cross Blus Shield, I never had any problems with them, and I had a very good friend who retired from there and a cousin who also retired from them after being a office manager in my city for years. So I guess they can't be too bad, I do know they are better than what I have to use now.....Aetna!

July 30 2012 at 6:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
alderaforall

BP is and always will be a turd in my book. I still pass on by any gas station with their name plastered all over it.

July 30 2012 at 5:49 PM Report abuse +8 rate up rate down Reply