Batman is Bruce Wayne - surprise!
Chances are, if you're reading this, you've either already seen The Dark Knight Rises or plan to. We don't want to spoil the plot -- or the ending. But we can say that in the final installment of director Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy, everything changes for billionaire industrialist Bruce Wayne.

That got us thinking. What if there were real-life billionaire business leaders who could lead the same double-life that has inspired so many to follow his exploits since Batman first appeared in the pages of Detective Comics No. 27 in May 1939? Could it be done?

Here, in the spirit of fun that comics are supposed to inspire, is a lighthearted look at the top five candidates:

Motley Fool contributor Tim Beyers owned shares of Apple, Berkshire Hathaway, Time Warner, and Walt Disney at the time of publication. Check out Tim's portfolio holdings and past columns. The Motley Fool owns shares of Microsoft, Oracle, Berkshire Hathaway, Apple, and Walt Disney. Motley Fool newsletter services have recommended buying shares of Walt Disney, Apple, Berkshire Hathaway, and Microsoft, as well as creating bull call spread positions in Apple and Microsoft.

Understanding Credit Scores

Credit scores matter -- learn how to improve your score.

Banking Services 101

Understand your bank's services, and how to get the most from them

makaveli559m

How come Richard Branson wasnt included? Out of all those guys Richard seems he would actually do something like that especially something like Iron Man.

July 24 2012 at 3:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RichWoo.com

Life is so lonely.I am a single successful man at present.I need a woman who can love me back.I also uploaded my hot photos on....RichWoo.COM....under the name of Brian..the largest and best club for seeking CEOs, successful and sexy people. Please Check it out! I’m serious.

July 24 2012 at 5:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dajt666

excuse me but will they be wearing the bat oxygen tank in fights? sad.

July 23 2012 at 10:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Setanta

HOW MANY DEAD ? critical condition ?
and they're pushing this bATman sheiss ???? ON MONDAY ?
and OF COURSE few and far between EVEN THINK THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG with it TOO.

July 23 2012 at 4:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ed

Growing up, I actually wanted to *be* Batman! ...More than any other hero. Not for his wealth, but for his stealth, his ingenuity, his ability to instill fear into those who create fear.

Now that I'm older, I'd still like to be Batman, but I'd like to have wealth just in case that doesn't work out. (Or in case a TARDIS never falls into my possession, but that's another hero for another time.) However, looking through this list of wealthy guys, I realized that I wouldn't want to be any of them. I wouldn't want to be in Warren Buffet's body for a single second! $44 billion? He can have it! I'd much rather be me than some grizzled, old guy with a belly. I'm not a body-builder or anything, but I could take every single one of these guys in an arm-wrestle. I'm pretty sure I could even take two at once with most of them.

Sorry, hard to put into words properly, but thanks for this. I know it wasn't your intended sentiment but it was an eye-opener for me, somehow! I'd rather stay inside my 6'5", relatively thin, in-shape body, 40-year old body and be able to try new things like surfing or zip-lining, and know that the girls find me (not my money) attractive, than be any one of these nerdy featherweights. I'll still work on my wealth--but it's good to know there's something I can work towards while they can't buy what I already have.

July 23 2012 at 4:17 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Ed's comment
viviglam

Um you're 40. They were 40 once too.

July 24 2012 at 7:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply