Just Missed Millions: People Who Left Early Jobs At Billion-Dollar Companies

Robert Cezar Matei

By Alyson Shontell

Ali Fedotowsky walked away from Facebook (and probably most of her stock options) when she opted to be ABC's Bachelorette.

Robert Cezar Matei missed his chance to join early Facebook, Square and Instagram teams.

Missing millions hurts. Some people, like Kevin Systrom, went on to make millions after turning down early start-up jobs.

Most live in regret, knowing they let millions of dollars slip through their fingers.

Here are eight talented professionals who came close to being millionaires.

How Financial Planners go Grocery Shopping

Learn to shop smart and save.

How to Buy a Car

How to get the best deal and buy a car with confidence.

James

While you cannot help but feel bad for these guys, you have to take into account how many people who quit jobs become more successful elsewhere. I know a lot of people might consider these featured people, and others who have made similar mistakes, stupid.

It has more to do with bad luck, in my opinion, because you never know what the future is going to hold for you. Ali Fedotowsky, for example, is such an ambitious young woman. No one would have predicted that she would not find success elsewhere. Bachelorette gave her fame which a place at the top of Facebook would not have.

I'd advise all you guys to read up on CNBC's list of people who quit their jobs and made millions. Trust me, there are a lot more people you can pin down who would not regret quitting their jobs at all.

Regards,

Bob.
www.nextpay.com

June 14 2012 at 4:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
James

Regards,

Bob.

June 14 2012 at 4:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lketoread

And LOL what in the heck is Instagram? Nevah heard of it till now. Is it really that big a deal?

May 21 2012 at 11:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lketoread

None of these people should feel any regret. Maybe their lives took a different turn for the better or for a reason. Ali had a happy year or so with Roberto which I do not think she regrets and she has moved on. Do not live with regrets.

May 21 2012 at 11:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rw302361

lung bone marrow and liver transplant made me broke the cause still in lidagation lost a house in new jersey and having sa hard time and truthfully who cares ecempt my wife

May 20 2012 at 3:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
freeetob

And then was my executive friend at Nortel who hung on until the bitter end and lost pension, insurance and all. Whatever happened to ERISA?

May 20 2012 at 2:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
paulw3tzi

Atta boy, Mark. Take the money and run.

May 19 2012 at 8:27 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
paulw3tzi

I saw one of them selling pencils on the street corner.

May 19 2012 at 8:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
alfredschrader

I don't own any Facebook stock. I don't have to, I can buy all of it with my signature. Like Steve Jobs I built a laboratory in my garage. The technology I own makes me the wealthiest man on earth....Alfred-

May 19 2012 at 6:58 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
ljkht

So not having millions is bad? I know so many in big companies that money, adultry at work, and the desire to have so many material things have turned them into greedy fools. Some are miserable.

May 19 2012 at 6:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply