The 7 'Scammiest' Words on the Internet

Scammer words we are all to used tooSpend enough time surfing the Internet, and you just might develop a sixth sense for scams.

Sometimes it's a matter of a Web page that just doesn't look right or an offer that sounds too good to be true, but often it's just a matter of spotting the words and phrases that tend to be pop up with great frequency on scam Web sites. And we're not just referring to obvious buzzwords like the spam-filter-evading "v1agra," but also such seemingly innocuous words as "congratulations" and "free."

Indeed, detecting such keywords in context became the basis of a tool developed by online security firm PC Tools to flag suspicious sites. The company gave us a look at some of the keywords that set off its software's alarm bells. Here are a few.

More on TheStreet.com

Learn about investing from the comfort of your own home.

Portfolio Basics

Take the first steps to building your portfolio.

Investment Strategies

Learn the strategies you need to build a winning portfolio

jdykbpl45

No hope, no change = NOBAMA!

March 19 2012 at 5:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jdykbpl45

Hope and change?

March 19 2012 at 5:10 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
nikkitytom

How abour "Free Trial" ..... which requires your credit card. Look closely and you'll find in tiny letters buried somewhere in the information ..... you'll find you're going to be "automatically" billed. after the trial period .... indefinitely. And believe me, there's no way to easily cancel this. NOTHING IS FREE ..... simple. NEVER CLICK ON A LINK in a letter from someone you don't personally know. Two simple rules. Learn them and follow them.

March 18 2012 at 6:11 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
georgiepoo13

my brother made an order for a truck load of wood from skaneateles firewood and skaneateles fire they could not fill the order because they have injured backs and cannot fill oders their buisness is a scam and said my brother had no money to buy it and they would not fill the order i could say just the opposite as they said they would not do it for him but for other people i no longer pay my rent for them by filling truckloads of wood all summer and fall after he told me it was safe to get off the truck he hit me beside the head with 3 pieces of boiler would he saw i was bleeding profusely and did nothing for me and walked away and left me behind my steering wheel to bleed i ended up driving home to bed for 2 years worth of recouperating jim henricksen of 1851 e.lake rd and ken phillips son of a marcellus sherrif had a scam and now they wont pay damages definite scammers i hear jim henricksen is working with chadwick king of borodino and paul straka of navarino and bob schneider of ulster st syracuse ny and joe delvechio and joyce green of borodino plus hes own mother marjorie henricksen at his house he also is moving to constantia and mexico ny..

March 16 2012 at 1:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
georgiepoo13

March 16 2012 at 1:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dionascubrv

TEST.

March 16 2012 at 11:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
coreancorean

And people actually believe them.

March 16 2012 at 10:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
penwiser

YOUR FREE ANSWERS TO GETTING MORE MONEY ON YOUR SOC SEC IS NOT FREE. SO YOU ARE DOING THE SAME THING AS THE SCAM ARTICLES.TALK ABOUT THE KETTLE BLACK.

March 15 2012 at 2:19 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
penwiser

YOUR FREE ANSWERS TO GETTING MORE MONEY ON YOUR SOC SEC IS NOT FREE. SO YOU ARE DOING THE SAME THING AS THE SCAM ARTICLES.TALK ABOUT THR KETTLE BLACK.

March 15 2012 at 2:18 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
tc

I don't want government regulating the internet but fraud is fraud. Last week I recieved a bogus message from
FEDEX telling me that a package was too big and I could pick it up. Below was a button that advertised the address of sender. Of course we know that if I had pressed it an exe file would open and I would get a nasty virus. I almoost pressed the button because I was actually expecting a delivery.

March 15 2012 at 3:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply