Tom BradyRetailers and consumer products companies are on charging downfield toward a touchdown on Super Bowl Sunday.

Consumer spending related to the big game Feb. 5 is expected to reach an all-time high this year, with the average watcher projected to shell out $63.87 on Super Bowl-related merchandise -- from team apparel and TVs to snacks -- up from $59.33 in 2011, according to a new survey by the National Retail Federation's Retail Advertising and Marketing Association, conducted by BIGInsight.

With 171 million fans expected to tune in to the game this year, total Super Bowl spending will reach an estimated $11.0 billion, RAMA says.

For their part, stores are trotting out big sales promotions on televisions, team decor and apparel, as well as food and beverages, the NRF says.

Best Buy (BBY), for one, is already offering deals on super sized TVs, such as a 70-inch Class set for $1999.99, in its Super Bowl promotion.

Walmart.com's (WMT) Game Time promotion spotlights "amazing savings" on TVs, home theater systems, Blu-ray players and media streaming players, such as one from iLuv for $79.98.

Amazon.com (AMZN) is featuring a dedicated Super Bowl shop, spotlighting deals like 55-inch Samsung TVs and "game day" furniture, including recliners and TV stands, Giants and Patriots jerseys, kitchenware items like the Margaritaville Chillin' Pour Liquor Chiller for $55.36, and "game day groceries," including Jack Link's beef jerky.

The majority of the football fans surveyed --71.3% -- plan to spend on food and beverages, 8.6% will shell out for team apparel and accessories, 6.4% will buy decorations, 5.1% will buy a new television expressly to watch the game, and 2.4% will splurge on new furniture or an entertainment center.

Managing your Portfolio

Keeping your portfolio and financial life fit!

Introduction to Retirement Funds

Target date funds help you maintain a long term portfolio.

amani4000

All of the players and most of the coaching staff are in the 1%. I wonder if there will be protests?

January 31 2012 at 5:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
alfredschrader

Pizza is the reason the superbowl was invented.

January 30 2012 at 7:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to alfredschrader's comment
waldoknowswhere

No it was chicken wings

January 30 2012 at 7:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to waldoknowswhere's comment
waldoknowswhere

N Beer

January 30 2012 at 7:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down
waldoknowswhere

I'm a lib so cater to me because I'm a lazy slacker. Buy me food,shelter,and a new Escalade ! Super Bowl tickets too !

January 30 2012 at 7:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pfm102943

the 1% are spending. I didn't know that the stadium would hold 'em all. At up to 8K per ticket only corporate execs with their bonuses can afford this!

January 30 2012 at 7:26 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
6 replies to pfm102943's comment
waldoknowswhere

I bought a new big screen TV just to add on another one for the patio, lots of food for my Super Bowl party, beer,wine,whiskey, chips,dip, ribs, wings,burgers,steak, etc etc. Hey this could be the last one who knows. I'm gunna party with friends and family just like I've been doing for years. Go Giants !!!

January 30 2012 at 4:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to waldoknowswhere's comment
waldoknowswhere

I'm Waldo and I approve this message .

January 30 2012 at 6:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gary Miller

I bought some potato chips...does this count?

January 30 2012 at 3:52 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
fesambay

Yes it is good if these things where made in the USA but they are not. So business people say this and then you will be saying something otheer wise just do not say anything.

January 30 2012 at 2:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
hemipwr54

Your a more awn if you believe this story , SPECULATION , and conjecture at best .
Trust me , most are still struggling .

January 30 2012 at 12:15 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
cliffy934

The entertainment at half time always sucks. I think this year, they should have had the Beach Boys perform, they are celebrating their 50th anniversary. Mike Love and Bruce Johnson, travel as the Beach boys, and Brian Wilson, Al Jardaine, and the other original Beach Boys will be joining them for a 50th anniversary tour this year. I have attended several of their concerts, and they really bring the house down. Have some real entertainment this year for a change.

January 30 2012 at 11:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Victor Kelley

Super bowl=super waste I wonder where drug testing is in the NFL? It's such a big deal in other sports why shouldn't they test the premadonas of the NFL.

January 30 2012 at 11:21 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply