Air SwimmersIf you've been putting off finishing your holiday shopping, don't feel too bad: All you procrastinators out there actually have an edge. That's because by now, retailers have a handle on the season's best-selling gifts -- and you can, too.

Six of the nation's biggest retailers gave us the scoop on what's been flying off the shelves this holiday season. So here's our exclusive rundown of some of the top sellers at Macy's (M), Target (TGT), J.C. Penney (JCP), Best Buy (BBY) Toys R Us and Sephora to ease your scramble for those last-minute presents.

Getting out of debt

Everyone hates debt. Get out of it.

How to Buy a Car

How to get the best deal and buy a car with confidence.

wallyavp

If this is the only crap that's out there I needen't worry about overspending any money.

A guy's perfume?

Is this for a guy or a girl that wantes to smell like a guy?

I best leave this alone.

December 24 2011 at 11:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jaimeortiz24

$300 for headphones??

December 24 2011 at 6:54 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
jaimeortiz24

$150 for a coffee machine??

December 24 2011 at 6:53 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Kay

I didn't see anything, except the coat at Penny's, that I would even spend one dime on. Who wants fingerless gloves, I can make them myself, just give me your gloves, I have a pair of scissors here in my sewing basket! And I agree with another responder, if these are the type of gifts that the stores are depending on, they are all in big trouble.

December 23 2011 at 2:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ilm9p

Remember every time you go into your wallet to pay for a present that the scum on welfare got their Christmas for free. Along with free housing, free utilities, free phones, free food, free healthcare..............

December 23 2011 at 6:57 AM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to ilm9p's comment
c8smum

right. all who are unemployed right now deserve to not have one present under the tree for their kids. or a roof over their heads. or anything but stewed rat for christmas dinner. cooked over a candle, of course.

'are there no prisons, are there no workhouses'? (since you are probably illiterate as well as vile, that's a quote from scrooge in 'a christmas carol'. by charles dickens. (and before you nail me, i choose to not capitalize as an homage to e. e. cummings. now go stick a sprig of holly thru your heart if you can find it.)

December 24 2011 at 5:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mlogan1546

My only comment is that if this were truly what is selling the best, then the stories about trouble with the ecconomy would be hogwash. However, what I see going on is that most people can't spend in total what many of these items cost alone. The wealthier aren't hurting but the rest of us sure are. And all the jobs that were created over the holidays will be gone in a week.

December 22 2011 at 6:05 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
riverlee34

I didn't really see anything that was on my gift list in that lineup. The only thing I had trouble finding this year was a buzy ball popper for my 11 month old. My (now) 8 year old had one when he was her age and loved it. They have a newer elephant version one, but the original one, was sold out everywhere. I ended up finding one on Amazon though, and just ordered it there.

December 22 2011 at 5:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
radartechy

Every year, people go out of their way to buy that "what-I-really-want" gift... and let's face it, it just doesn't deliver the punch. But can you think about what a purchase from such-and-such Country ultimately does to your economical long-term health?

This year, just stay away from anything that's made in China and costs a little too much.
Why?
For one, China has a "Quality Control" problem. It won't surprise many that if you go out and buy something rather pricey, such as a 55" Vizio TV from somewhere like Cosco, it will more than likely need to be purchased with an "Extended Warranty" plan... which ultimately means IT COSTS A LITTLE MORE. Buy a TV made in Japan, and you probably don't need to worry about the "Quality" issues, thus no need to sweat the "Extended Warranty" details.

Secondly, China dumps their goods on American soil without a care if they knock out good-paying jobs in the after-math. What really needs to be asked is, "does this help or hurt in the long-run?" Yeah, I hear you saying, "What do I care... I want the doo-hickie... and I get a great price." All I can say is, "Be careful what you wish for... You might not like what you get in the end!" China takes joy in destroying the economy of competing countries. Don't feed this ffrenzy.

Lastly, where does all this "Quangdong Dog-Poop" end up? Technologically speaking, seven years of sporadic operation, and then it goes to that big pile of garbage in the land-fill. If it was up to the big stores, they'll love you ever so much more if you'd take more of the Chinese junk off their hands, and with you paying a premium to boot!

So, this year consider the quality... and recognize what "Made In China" really means.

In simple terms, it will come down to...

Stay the Heck Away.

December 22 2011 at 5:09 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
dc walker

Chocolates, gas cards and cash. Nothing competes, ever.

December 22 2011 at 5:02 PM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply
Mitch

any of these made in America?

December 22 2011 at 4:59 PM Report abuse +5 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Mitch's comment
springerdx

seen any American factory workers lately? How about a factory?
of all years,this and next season should be the seasons to boycott chinese junk.

December 22 2011 at 5:20 PM Report abuse +5 rate up rate down Reply