- Days left
A reader named Sally bought property that has since fallen in value. If she sells it for less than she paid, what effect will it have on her taxes? DailyFinance's Laura Rowley has the answer.

Economics 101

Intro to economics. But fun.

Understanding Credit Scores

Credit scores matter -- learn how to improve your score.

TurboTax Articles

When the IRS Classifies Your Business as a Hobby

If your business claims a net loss for too many years, or fails to meet other requirements, the IRS may classify it as a hobby, which would prevent you from claiming a loss related to the business. If the IRS classifies your business as a hobby, you'll have to prove that you had a valid profit motive if you want to claim those deductions.

What is IRS Form 8917?

If you, your spouse or dependents attended post-secondary school, you may be able to deduct a portion of the tuition and fees by reporting it on IRS Form 8717.

Baby

I'm a sweet, friendly, honest lady.I've always waiting for a good man who can love me all my life ,so I got Romance2012 on ...T'ALL' HUB.c?m ...told it's the first and best club for tall people and their admirers. …

January 03 2012 at 10:21 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
Cheer

You can share your life and love with friends online. -- Tal l H U b. ?o m -- it is a nice dating service for t all guys or girls to find their romantic love. Maybe you will

like it. Join it

December 29 2011 at 10:15 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Rich Richard

H&R Block is in trouble now, watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjWjUKpD6DU

November 28 2011 at 8:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rich Richard

November 28 2011 at 8:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
challirikz

put aig ceo in jail

November 23 2011 at 9:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ROBERT OLSON

When I am interested in an article on your home page and want to read it, I have to wade through numerous other items and pop-ups and often can still not find the article I want to read, like today, the article by Laura Rowley on taking a tax benefit when one sells a house at a loss.

Judy Olson

November 21 2011 at 11:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Juyhkuyhj

OMG,I want to share a mews to you. My best fríènd ,she just has annóuncéd hér wēddīng wīth a rich mān who is a cèlèbrìty !They mèt via~~~~SéêkSúɡárDαd.Сσм ~~~~ ..it is the lārgēst and bēst clúb for rich man with yung and beautiful woman and theìr àdmirèrs to chát ōnlìnè. …You do nǒt hávè to bê rīch ór fāmóùs. ,bùt yōu cān meēt yóùr trùē lòvê , It’s wòrthy ǎ try!Are they talking about capital gains? If so, of course no one will have to pay if the property has dropped in value below what they paid.... when you sell, your gains are on the profits, if there's no profit, there's no gain, and no tax.

November 18 2011 at 4:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Juyhkuyhj

My friend just met a rich man on --SeekSugarDad.C óM---
I am a lawyer,young and beautiful.and now I am seeking a good man who can give me real love , so i got a username Romance'Lover on
---SeekSugarDad.C óM-----it's where for men and women looking for companionship for a fabulous lifestyle, maybe you want to try out :)
--------People who have a reverse mortgage (over 65 crowd) how will this affect their families upon their demise? Mortgage
was more but with property decline, will the bank have to eat the loss? Just curious.

November 18 2011 at 4:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ilm9p

This by far her most lame attempt yet. I gather she refering to property, as in land, as in a parcel of dirt? In other words, there's no house on it. No kidding talk to an a tax professional - anybody that listens to this babble as gospel gets what they had coming in the form of an audit. Laura, if you're going to spout nonsense like this at least have the courtesy to pull the camera back and flash a little thigh in the process - that's what "Fox News" style sound bites are all about. Get with the program, woman!

November 17 2011 at 7:44 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply