- Days left
4 Holiday Season Tax Moves That'll Pay Off in April With Thanksgiving still three weeks away, taxes are probably the last thing on your mind. Still, much as you might groan at the thought, there are some smart steps you can take between now and Dec. 31 that will make a real difference when it comes time to deal with the IRS next spring. In part one of this two-part report, we offer four moves that could benefit your bottom line on April 15.

How much house can I afford

Home buying 101, evaluating one of your most important financial decisions.

Advice for Recent College Grads

Prepare yourself for the "real world".

TurboTax Articles

8 Things You Think Are Tax Deductible That Aren't

There?s a fine line between looking to save money on your taxes and taking deductions that will raise eyebrows at the Internal Revenue Service. Some taxpayers are tripped up by expenses that they assume are tax deductions, but don?t qualify under IRS guidelines. Here are a dozen items that can lead to unpleasant surprises in case of an audit.

9 Things You Didn't Know Were Tax Deductions

Few realizations are more painful than realizing that you forgot to include a tax deduction that would have lowered your tax bill or increased your tax refund on your tax return. Here are some tax deductions that you shouldn't overlook.

A Comparative Look at State Taxes

Ever wondered which state has the highest gas tax or the lowest overall tax burden? Interact with the infographic below to compare income tax, property tax, and other taxes by state.

Baby

i am a beautiful and tall girl, just wanna to make more friends, recently I joined a amazing site.. . Tal l h u b. С'⊙M...It is a person'als place where you can meet successful and tall men or wowen for marriage, or just meet beautiful friends and singles.

January 03 2012 at 10:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bobo

Hi Happy New year every one.
I'am a sweet, friendly, honest (sometimes too honest), caring girl in search of "the one".I've been single for over two years . so i got a profile(Autumngirl55?5) on ----Tallhub.C'0M----?-It is the largest club for tall men or pretty girls mate. maybe you wanna hit me up ,seriously !

December 30 2011 at 9:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cheer

My friend just told me a nice place -- Tal l hub. Сσм -- it's the most effective site in the world to connect with, date and marry tall, and big people.. It's worthy a try.24365568

December 30 2011 at 12:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
stockprofessor

Thanks for taking the time to give us a brief but detailed explanation.

November 15 2011 at 1:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jerrylew1s

STOP GIVING ALL THAT MONEY TO IRAC, PACKISTAN, AND GIVE ALOT MORE TO CARE FOR OUR WOUNDED VETS.

November 06 2011 at 5:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jyjnhy

My best friend ,she just has announced her wedding with a millionaire old man Ronald who is the CEO of a MNC ! They met via ----SéêkSúɡárDαd.℃⊙M--.- ..it is the largest and best club for rich man date with young and beautiful woman and their admirers to chat online. …you don’t have to be rich there ,but you may meet one ,maybe you wanna check it out or tell your friends ! It would be a great thing if we had the choice of requiring all of our personel income tax due next year could be devoted to the greatest military in our history. These young men and women deserve that and so much more. I know there are many who dislike our military but that is no excuse to dislike the women and men who serve. They risk their lives and limbs to keep our way of life alive and well Ah if only!!!!!!!

November 03 2011 at 10:13 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
dabrownman

The 16 million Americans out of work and the 16 million illegal aliens who squat here won't be paying income taxes this year along with the 47% who don't pay income taxes anyway. Thank the Messiah and the Democrats for looking out for you. I can't believe we had to wait so long for them to fix everything, Oh sorry. I forgot all the bad things started happening 6 months after the left took over congress and the economy of this country in November 2006. The horrors are just too pong to list. It's been 5 years and now the 53% that do pay income taxes are about taxed out, pissed off and ready to make heads roll. November 2012 can't come soon enough if we are still alive by then.

November 02 2011 at 6:43 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
romanoffj

Force, I was fortunate to use my training in Psychology in my military work as Classification Specialist. In the service I developed an interest in research and career development. The best way to show the nation's appreciation of our youth's serving during a war would be to reinstate the Gi Bill, which paid for schooling after discharge after World War II. It enabled me to obtain an MA degree, and thus paid for the 3 years I missed in developing my career. Since I had a BA degree before I entered the Army Air
Iinstead of becoming a Professor teaching Psychology, I worked as researcher, Counseling Psychologist, working with all age groups, pre-schoolers to Senior Citizens. Rehabilitation of physically and mentally handicapped. Each day was different and exciting. I returned to school to obtain a Doctorate 20 years after obtaining a MA degree. Our knowledge changes so quickly that we need to learn throughout our life. I found having worked in the field that I could contribute ideas that were based on actual experiences and kept me thinking.

November 01 2011 at 10:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dabrownman

I hear Obama, so not to upset upset the Muslims in the Middle East further after killing all of their al Queda leaders, is now apologizing to Turkey for some Americans who call Thanksgiving "Turkey Day". Obama is concerned that the Turks will think that we want to eat them and are just slyly substituting the bird until Turks become available for consumption at the local grocery store.

So, Obama is asking all Americans no to use 'Turkey Day' any more and use the new term that is he is personally fond of using instead this year - 'Really Big Chicken Day',

The PC left immediately announced that they will never buy another turkey and will fond the biggest chicken they can for Thanksgiving dinner until real Turks are supplied buy the government for Thanksgiving in the future.

November 01 2011 at 8:32 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to dabrownman's comment
Jo Ann

it's still "turkey in our house!'

November 09 2011 at 3:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dobydv34

November 01 2011 at 3:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Dobydv34's comment
tycoon0699

Americans do not hate the U.S. military. We dislike the politicians that put them in harms way. Americans dislike individuals who make allegations that we dislike the military.

November 01 2011 at 8:48 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to tycoon0699's comment
dabrownman

I thought you hated them. Who knew? When I came back from Vietnam after my first touch, my sister in law spit on me. I have to admit she hated me but I didn't like her much either. Turned out she was gay too and came out of the closet after 25 years of marriage and 4 kids. My brother was surprised but I wasn't. I was being discharged after my second tour near San Francisco and gay guys spit on me that time and they said they were lefties who hated the military.

Why do you say you lefties don't hate the military again Or is it just gay lefties who are the haters?

November 02 2011 at 7:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down
rickcraft55

I agree with you I very much dislike politicans that have sent the soldiers to useless wars.

dabrownman get over yourself not just republicans have served many in my family are vets and some of them were spit on as well. I was 17 and in basic when nam ended so I was lucky enough not to go. I honor your service thank you. Your lefties comment's are lame!

November 08 2011 at 12:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down
emobell

I am a conservative 51 year old Republican. I have come to realize what you state above should not be a blanket stereotyping image of our military in todays times. We employ the military is an opposite view. God bless them but I am no longer willing to pay for 35 years of retirement and benefits The Military are truely wonderful people and do a service to our country, as do most "Public Servants". The public servant occupations now pay redicluous sums of money and pay for a life in retirement none of us will ever enjoy as their employers. I would venture to say well over 50% of the military personel are in the military for a job. Most of which will never see a day of combat. I am all for paying them a decent wage but my God, retirement benefits after 20 years? Full benefits after 30 years? Who are we kidding>

November 08 2011 at 5:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply