Lowe's New Slogan Wants to Inspire Shoppers to 'Never Stop Improving'

Lowe's new slogan "Never Stop Improving."

That's the tagline of Lowe's (LOW) new branding strategy and TV ad campaign, which kicked off Monday.

But "Never Stop Improving" is more than just a tag line for the $48.8 billion home improvement chain, with 1,725 stores, Katie Cody, a company spokesperson, tells DailyFinance. The three words sum up how Lowe's shoppers think about their homes and their lives.

"It's really a rallying cry and a mindset for our customers and employees saying that we're committed to never stop improving our business, customer experience and communities," she says.

The campaign is designed to impart the message that shoppers are in good hands at Lowe's, which will guide them through all stages of their home improvement journey, from conception and planning to execution, Cody says.

The retailer says an early test of the advertising campaign made shoppers feel inspired, motivated and energized about taking on a home improvement challenge with Lowe's.

As part of the ad push, the retailer will introduce MyLowes in October, what it's calling a "revolutionary" online tool that will help shoppers manage their homes and home improvement projects.

MyLowes will enable shoppers to manage home improvement tasks such as tracking store purchases, inputting product wish lists, tracking product warranty information, and storing product manuals, room dimensions, even paint color formulas, Cody says.

"Never Stop Improving" replaces the retailer's "Let's Build Something Together," campaign, which debuted in 2006 and touted Lowe's as a place with a service edge and knowledgeable store associates.

Investing in Startups

The lucrative and risky world of startups.

Reading a Stock Quote

Learn to read the ingredients of a stock.

bfgair

I do hope they take part of that money and use it to train their employees. They are the rudest, most uniformed bunch I have ever come across. They lie and call their customers liers. What they need to understand is that they aren't the ONLY game in town. I was remodeling my kitchen and I bought and paid for a new stove, dishwasher, deep freezer, washer and dryer. We set a date for delivery and that date came and went with out a call. When I called the next day to find out What happened I was told that the stove had rusted thru because of a drip in the celing. I asked if they could get one from another store in Phoenix and was told "NO" they don't do business like that. So I offered to take the one on display and once again was told "NO". so I asked if they could deliver the rest that I had paid for and was told the very same answer"NO" I asked to talk to the store manager and once again I was told "NO" so I went back to get my money back and once again I was told "NO" So then I demanded to talk to the manager once again I was told "NO" Bottom line I called the police and THEN the manager showed up.
STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY AS THEY DON'T GIVE A DARN ABOUT YOU FOR ANY REASON!!!

September 20 2011 at 2:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to bfgair's comment
bfgair

By the way I did go to another store and found the very same brand names and styles for more than 20% less and they delivered it ALL the very same day and threw in extra length waranties for all the trouble I had with LOWES. They LOVE LOWES as they get a LOT of their customers from LOWES. All treated with the same B.S. that I had gone thru.

September 20 2011 at 2:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nr2187

We like Lowe's very much...and find their employees very knowlegeable about their products and over the years we have purchased several things from them like appliances and flooring. And no, they are not the only store in town, as our city is the second largest in our state. But, glad you brought up the subject. I mean't to stop by there on the way home from work this evening and get a bag of bird feed. My wife likes flowers in our yard. I like feeding the wild birds...which keep coming back...as do the flowers.

September 19 2011 at 9:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sagnascar

lowes would do much better if they had more full time sales pepole trainedinthe departments that they work in to
answer question from the consemer. thats why i shop at HOME DEPOT

September 19 2011 at 8:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to sagnascar's comment
Doll Childers

You shop at Home Depot, because your son currently owrks there -- :)

September 24 2011 at 9:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
wintervision

Lowes sucks, their current slogan say's... Experience....Lets build something together.....what they don't tell you is they get rid of most of their Experienced people

September 19 2011 at 5:57 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
obiwan49

Stop importing 75% of your merchandise from china and i'll think about shopping here. I understand big boxers have a responsibility to improve profits, but when you dont support local companies the people you intend to sell to have no money to buy your goods. A vicious cycle that will hopefully lead to implosion.

September 19 2011 at 5:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Terrie & Gary

UNTIL THEY STOP PUTTING THEIR SIGNS IN SPANISH, i WILL NEVER SHOP THERE, I DON'T CARE HOW MUCH MONEY I CAN SAVE, I HAVE MY PRINCIPLES.

September 19 2011 at 5:11 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Terrie & Gary's comment
bfgair

THIS IS AMERICA AND THE OFFICIAL LANGUAGE IS ENGLISH. If you don't like it go back to where you came from

September 20 2011 at 2:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to bfgair's comment
tummler10

Idiots. There is no official language. This is - newsflash - a melting pot. And unless you are Native American or came over on the Mayflower - you are the children of immigrants. Open a book that isn't a bible.

January 02 2012 at 3:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down
actionman

Lowes has always been a good store.

September 19 2011 at 4:44 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
actionman

Lowes has always been a good store.

September 19 2011 at 4:44 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
emunoz1390

Words,words and more words. Meaningless,insulting and worthless.
It's the quality of crap you sell and the PRICE!!!!

September 19 2011 at 3:59 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply