You don't need to pony up a lot of cash for a victorious day at the track. Just ride these tips from Dave Litfin of the Daily Racing Form and Andy Serling of the New York Racing Association below. We wager you'll be looking good in the neighborhood.

Investment Strategies

What's your investing game plan?

Investing in Real Estate

Learn the basics of investing in real estate.

donut999

What a useless article. Anyone who wants to gamble (in any way, casino's, the horses, sports betting, etc) only needs to remember one thing--how much can I afford to lose without messing up life? Take only that amount of money with you and consider it gone. It should be viewed almost like what would I pay for tickets to a broadway show except you do not always get to see the show. It should be viewed as "entertainment". If you do that, and stay within budget, you are a winner before you arrive.

August 01 2011 at 5:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
paulw3tzi

I think it was Carnegie ( or someone of his ilk) whio said "The best way to make money following the horses is with a bucket and a shovel."

August 01 2011 at 1:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JACK DAVIS

the racetrack is as good a place as any to lose you ass

August 01 2011 at 5:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ajacquez

When I access this link, all I get is the first sentence and nothing else. No tips, nothing. So I don't know why so many of you are complaining about this article. Seems to me that it 100% accurate: There are no tips to win with the ponies. Makes sense to me.

August 01 2011 at 1:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
alucky1128f8@aol

YEAH, WE WOULD HAVE A BETTER CHANCE WITH THE MULES THAN THE LIBERALS .

August 01 2011 at 12:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
savemycountry911

We'd have a better chance with the horses than the Dumbercraps.

July 31 2011 at 10:48 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
rmartinipaul

I created an account to to comment. I have played the horses since 1973. I bet the horses almost every day of the week. Christmas is dark. This article is BULL$$$$! It is totally irresponsible of aol to post such an article. Horse racing is suffering a decline in handle and I wouldn't put it past NYRA to have paid aol to do this! Betting horses is fun but YOU DON'T MAKE MONEY AT THE TRACK! If there is anyone out there foolish enough to consider this as a way to make money----DON'T. You'll be the one to wind up eating hay.

July 31 2011 at 10:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
stripedbass7

Going To the track to win, is like expecting a GMC or Chrysler product not to break down......................... For The Patriots , THERE MADE IN MEXICO !

July 31 2011 at 7:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Micki

I only bet a few times a year, so I choose the winner by the name of the horse, name of the jockey and the owner. I do win and place for my bet and win every time. Go with your gut!

July 31 2011 at 3:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Elizabeth

Horses don't bet on people - horses have too much sense (old song - my father has a 78 rpm of it).

July 31 2011 at 1:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply