Steve Jobs's Letter to Employees on Leave of Absence

Team,

At my request, the board of directors has granted me a medical leave of absence so I can focus on my health. I will continue as CEO and be involved in major strategic decisions for the company.

I have asked Tim Cook to be responsible for all of Apple's day to day operations. I have great confidence that Tim and the rest of the executive management team will do a terrific job executing the exciting plans we have in place for 2011.

I love Apple so much and hope to be back as soon as I can. In the meantime, my family and I would deeply appreciate respect for our privacy.

Steve

Investing in Startups

The lucrative and risky world of startups.

Goal Setting

Want to succeed? Then you need goals!

Patriciaking8

I'm so sorry to hear of Mr. Job's illness & am more than willing to help in any way I can with his healthful, healing/recovery. I, too, am proudly & thankfully cured of pancreatic cancer. I had a Wipple in 3/2000 & have had no recurrence. My success is due to God, of course & an absolutely successful diet-lifestyle change, which is a total no-brainer. In Jesus' precious, holy name, may God richly bless us all with sweet ventures & Adventures. patriciaking8@aol.com

January 19 2011 at 1:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
wshaka

We are praying for Steve Jobs complete recovery. I know a remedy for his condition. If he is open for new things. I will e-mail it ot him or anyone else if they contact my via e-mail at Wshaka@aol.com.

Be Blessed

Will

January 19 2011 at 12:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Guam3us

We pray for Steve Jobs health and ask God to cure and heal the medical problems that he has. Pray to our heavenly Father and ask him to give you the strength, courage, hope and peace to give to carry on.

January 18 2011 at 12:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
juniorsgv

its none of our business what illness he has. leave the man be. tired of people trying to figure this crap out. he obviously needs the time away, just leave it at that.

January 17 2011 at 5:43 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
hoxsie454

As a cancer survivor myself, I Pray to God that Steve Jobs devotes himself full time to his own health. We customers, stockholders and just plain admirers of Apple, Inc. love Steve as much as Steve loves Apple. Tim Cook and the rest of the team will take good care of Apple. Its time for Steve Jobs to take care of himself. Our prayers are with him everyday.

January 17 2011 at 1:16 PM Report abuse +8 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to hoxsie454's comment
charles

But we don't even know if it is cancer. It could be much worse. If he really loves Apple so much, you would think that he would be a little bit more forthcoming about his health issues so we Apple supporters don't have to read about it in his obituary.

January 17 2011 at 4:04 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply