Warren BuffettBillionaire investor Warren Buffett said that wealthy Americans should pay more in taxes and that the Bush-era tax cuts for high-earners should expire, Bloomberg News reported.

"People at the high end -- people like myself -- should be paying a lot more in taxes. We have it better than we've ever had it," Buffett said in an interview with ABC's "This Week With Christiane Amanpour" that is scheduled to air on Nov. 28.

"If anything, taxes for the lower and middle class and maybe even the upper middle class should even probably be cut further," Buffett said.

All of the Bush-era tax cuts are due to expire. President Barack Obama has proposed extending the cuts for all but the highest earners. Republicans have insisted that the cut for the highest earners should also continue.

"The rich are always going to say that, you know, just give us more money and we'll go out and spend more and then it will all trickle down to the rest of you," Buffett, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., said in the interview. "But that has not worked the last 10 years, and I hope the American public is catching on."

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi plans to take up Obama's proposal after Thanksgiving.

Buffet has joined Bill Gates, formerly the world's richest person, in calling on America's billionaires to give more to charity, rather than pass on their wealth to their families.

blopre9891

You "NEVER" see a Republican Rich man OR woman say this. The Republicans are always for the republicans and think the middle class should not eat cake. I'm not rich but I give what I can when I can to people that I see could use some extra money. I have republican friends and all they seem to care about is what they are able to do to further themselves. Two different kind of people in this Country and it is sad when democrats we elect side with VERMEN "THE GOP " who like to hijack bills for the middle class only to put the ultra wealthy first. Why do we even vote DEMOCRAT? They are all the same when they get in office.

December 17 2010 at 4:39 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Trudy Buck

Mr. Buffet, I am not playing or kidding around, or being smart at all. My e-mail is trudyb11@aol.com and I am one of a many charity cases and I am not ashamed to admit it. If honesty was eveer a virture, then that is surely mine. I am in need and am not ashamed to admit it. When you contact me I will go into further detail and you will see I am not kidding or playing around. Once again Thank you for contacting me and I will be looking to hearing from you and soon!!

December 17 2010 at 1:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Trudy Buck

THIS IS THE MOST SENSABLE STATEMENT I'VE EVER HEARD FROM A RICH MAN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. PLEASE CONSIDER ME AS ONE OF YOUR CHARITIES MR. BUFFET. MY E-MAIL IS TRUDYB11@AOL.COM PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CONTACT ME AT ONCE. SINCERELY, THANK YOU.

December 17 2010 at 1:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gumby

We gave tax cuts to the rich and we get $4.50 gasoline!

November 23 2010 at 3:20 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
bcnavygw

Doesn't Warren know that there is no upper limit to what a taxpayer CHOOSES to pay the Government. He and Gates should use that option to set an example, but they won't!

November 22 2010 at 6:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
4 replies to bcnavygw's comment
ksndra2

Mr. Buffet is free to donate as much of his wealth as he likes to the U.S Government. He does not have to wait to have it taxed.

November 22 2010 at 6:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
paganomike

I truly like the way Mr. Buffett thinks on this issue. Then again Warren Buffett has the blessing of being worth so much I think he should pay all American's taxes. Didn't someone once say that" to whom much has been given , much will be expected" ? God Bless Warren Buffett

November 22 2010 at 5:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to paganomike's comment
blopre9891

Trying to find more people like Warren Buffet is like trying to find "MODERATE REPUBLICANS" in CONGRESS. The DEMS have BLUEDOGS and the GOP has PIGS

December 17 2010 at 4:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
navebbr

Who is stopping Warren from paying more taxes? Does he hire tax accountants to maximize the amount of legal deductions he takes on his tax Return?

November 22 2010 at 4:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lnwiener

Why doen't the hypocrite Warren Buffett simply make out as large a check as possible and send it to the I.R.S.. That would be putting his money where his mouth is and let all citizens pay their rightful share? L. Wiener

November 22 2010 at 4:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to lnwiener's comment
warrenbent

Inwiener, surely there must be some ridiculous law that prohibits Buffett from voluntarily contributing a portion of his sizable wealth to the government. After all, nobody could be stupid enough to advocate government confiscation of the fruits of other citizens labor, while simultaneously refusing to voluntarily contribute the fruits of their own labor to the cause they advocate. Oooops, never mind.

November 22 2010 at 5:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
blopre9891

You talk about hypocrites? LOL

December 17 2010 at 4:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lfawire

I certainly believe that the SUPER rich should pay more. Warren, why don't you pay more than your secretary? You people shelter your money from IRS.We also hear, the President says the people that make more than $200,000 / year are millionaires. I don't know how he became president when he he cannot even do basic math. This man is running our country. We small business men work hard for our money while he is traveling all over the world and BSing. I am tired of seeing him on TV every day. This is what happens when you vote in people who never had to work for a living. I feel sorry for our children and grandchildren.

November 22 2010 at 3:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply