Nissan Motor (NSANY) will recall 2.14 million vehicles because of a flawed ignition relay that could create problems with the engine.

About 835,000 units are being recalled in Japan. Another 762,000 units are being recalled in the United States and Canada, combined, Reuters reported. About a dozen different models are affected, including the March/ Micra and the Cube.

The ignition problem could cause engines to stall or fail to restart. No accident has been reported from the defect.

The fix involves replacing the ignition relay and will take less than 25 minutes a vehicle.

The recalled vehicles were made in Japan, the United States, Britain Spain, Taiwan and China between August 2003 and July 2006.

What is Short Selling?

Make a profit when stocks prices fall.

Small Cap Investing

Learn now to invest in small companies the right way.

toosmart4u

When you buy anything foreign your kids and grand children go deeper into debt.

October 28 2010 at 4:31 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
dvdsn61

It doesn't matter what you buy anymore, even the so called domestic companies are using their profits to provide jobs in other countries. I buy what I like and screw anyone who doesn't like it.

October 28 2010 at 3:46 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
hemipwr54

Buy American support thugs and hoodlums , the UAW ran by Gangsters and Mobsters , Mafia 101 . Nissan is more made in America than the Gangster/Mobster Mafia run UAW products . Support UAW (Uneducated Alcoholic Workers) Gang run , Mobster funded , MAFIA !

October 28 2010 at 2:02 PM Report abuse -7 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to hemipwr54's comment
Mike

nissan is a japanese company DUMMY

October 28 2010 at 3:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
fishinsolitude

Buy American ONLY. Even if the car companies are now building their cars in the U.S., we should all buy American cars from American auto makers like Ford, Chevy, Dodge, not Toyota, VW, or Nissan.

October 28 2010 at 1:45 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to fishinsolitude's comment
iamnotkobe24

um, funny, aren't american made cars recalled...look above....ignorance is bliss...

October 28 2010 at 2:18 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Donald A Largen

Buy american junk, example GM built cars and trucks from 2000 - 05 that after a period of time the instrument gauges and speedometers would be eratic are not work at all. There has been NO RECALL by GM, I've been a diehard Chevy man all of my Life I'm 62 years old and I have bought my last GM product quality has went to Hell and Back.

October 28 2010 at 2:44 PM Report abuse -4 rate up rate down Reply
storyphilbarb

Wow ! Even reports about broken down cars brings out hate remarks against people ??? I don't get that at all ???

October 28 2010 at 12:35 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
storyphilbarb

You report there are 25 different models being recalled , yet you only mention three models ???? I own a Nissan, it is not on the list of three, could you repost this report more accurately please ???

October 28 2010 at 12:31 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
clarissa49

I am wondering, too, where the defective part was made!!! I do know too many defective or contaminated items have come from China!

October 28 2010 at 12:20 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to clarissa49's comment
Donald A Largen

A lot of parts are out sourced to China, by US auto makers cheap parts equals poor quality. GM alloy wheels China,Ford Korean Tires. Why shoud we buy American when the auto makers don't, they put profit above quality.

October 28 2010 at 2:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
stag01987

I'll bet the ignition relay was made in China.

October 28 2010 at 12:09 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
JAMES

But Nissans are made by non-union workers. How could a thing like this happen.

October 28 2010 at 11:56 AM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply
classicmike5984v

i only drive american cars and trucks because im a white guy if i drove a toyota or nissan or something it would cramp my style me and my buddy pimped a 94 sentra and thats the only car he owns smart considering he commutes alot but hes a 4 ft 5 south american ive got 2 chevy trucks and 3 classic vets but im a 6 2 white boy from ga cool vhu

October 28 2010 at 11:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply