Bank of America (BAC), for the first time, acknowledged it has uncovered some mistakes in its foreclosure files, The Wall Street Journal reported, as it starts to resubmit documents in 102,000 cases.

The nation's largest mortgage lender discovered errors in 10 to 25 of the first several hundred foreclosure cases it examined over the past week. The mistakes ranged from improper paperwork to lack of signatures and missing files, as well as information irregularities about the properties or payment history, people familiar with the results told the Journal. The bank has prepared less than 1% of the first foreclosure files that it plans to submit.

Some of the problems found so far were relatively minor -- such as misspellings of borrowers' names -- and didn't result in wrongful foreclosures, the bank found.

All 50 states have recently launched investigations into allegations of improper foreclosure filings and procedures, including the use of "robo-signers." Bank of America, Wells Fargo (WFC) and others have been under pressure to show that their mortgage process isn't flawed.

Introduction to Preferred Shares

Learn the difference between preferred and common shares.

Professional Vs Do it Yourself Investing

Should you get advice or DYI?

BONNIE

Everyone is going to want to be on an island, some of us are knocking on bankruptcy's door because Bank of America is refusing to modify loans. Excuse me, but I would want to take something v. nothing. I, however, have filed a complaint with the OCC and the Consumer Affairs and things are being looked in to. I encourage anyone having problems with Bank of America to this because I have been trying for almost two years to take care of this, but to no avail. Contact your attorney general and ask him or her to file suit against BOA. If they get enough complaints someone will do something. Make notes of every time you contact BOA and get names of whom you speak with.

November 08 2010 at 5:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bnv69

Why don't you idiots put your money in a bank that did not take bailout money.

October 28 2010 at 5:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
WASHMUFF&BRAKE

well my story is not much different than most, have a small ranch, 2 1/2 acre in calif bought for $430,000 $100, down mortage $330,000 now worth $130,000 boa will only lower my payments for 1 year, havent made payments in 2 years they still haven't started forclosuer yet, well I am now living on an island in the south pacific, my brother still lives at the ranch rent free, plan to go back in a few months and gut house out, have already lost enough in this economy, investments went banckrupt on me,etc etc, sorry folks have to give up on the good old USA, life is much better here on my island

October 28 2010 at 4:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
WASHMUFF&BRAKE

October 28 2010 at 4:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
WASHMUFF&BRAKE

October 28 2010 at 4:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
WASHMUFF&BRAKE

October 28 2010 at 4:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
WASHMUFF&BRAKE

October 28 2010 at 4:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
WASHMUFF&BRAKE

October 28 2010 at 4:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Aviation Finance

I have my mortgage with BOA and I want to refinance it in the " private sector" with an investor. My mortgage is all up to date and my credit is still perfect but I don't like doing business with the likes of BOA anymore. Not after everything that has gone on. If anyone knows of a private investor out there that is looking for a well secured $100,000 Annuity, I have $100K outstanding on a $300K home in Florida. Will pay 5.5% interest for 20 year term..... my e-mail is DrPalmer@AOL.Com. God Bless You All. Better Times Are Coming !

October 27 2010 at 9:20 AM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
k4jlp

OF COURSE THEY FOUND MISTAKES...THEY HAVE BEEN CAUGHT WITH THEIR HAND IN THE COOKIE JAR ONCE AGAIN...THIS IS ALL PART OF THE STEALING OF AMERICA'S WEALTH TAKING PLACE...IT STARTED WITH THE ENERGY SPECULATION JACKING FUEL TO 4 TO 5 DOLLARS A GALLON, THEN THE HEALTH INSURANCE CROOKS INTRODUCING LARGE "DEDUCTABLES' YOU HAVE TO MEET BEFORE THEY PAY ANYTHING...IT'S ALL ABOUT GREED AND WALL STREET POWER 100% UNCHECKED. I LOST 60% OF MY 401K DUE TO RECKLESS GAMBLING ON WALL STREET....NEVER AGAIN

October 27 2010 at 9:18 AM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply