Eliot SpitzerThe Harvard Club in New York City has rejected a membership application from CNN host Eliot Spitzer. The former New York governor and former New York attorney general graduated from Harvard Law School.

Spitzer spokeswoman Lisa Linden told The New York Post that the Harvard Club's decision was "disappointing."

The midtown-Manhattan club rarely turns down qualified applicants, according to the Times, which reported that the 123-year-old institution was swayed by the prostitution scandal that pushed Spitzer from the governor's office two years ago. He resigned as governor after a federal investigation identified him as a client of a prostitution ring.

In response to a query from DailyFinance, the Harvard Club said only that its admission proceedings are confidential.

The rejection isn't the only bad news Spitzer has received recently. His talk show, Parker Spitzer, which he hosts along with Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Kathleen Parker, also debuted on CNN to low ratings earlier this month.

Introduction to Preferred Shares

Learn the difference between preferred and common shares.

What is Inflation?

Why do prices go up?

ishbb

I am very happy that he did not get accepted in to Harvard Club also happy about the low rating on CNN (he should never be on CNN) I don’t watch CNN any longer because of him getting that Job. Rick Sanchez got fired for telling the truth. and CNN hired the Hooker Boy.

October 22 2010 at 2:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ishbb

October 22 2010 at 2:10 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
pam

Good for the Harvard Club!

October 22 2010 at 1:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to pam's comment
gaystum

I agree completely. Why would anyone want to watch this looser? They fired Rick Sanchez and then hired this guy. Unbelievable.

October 22 2010 at 2:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ronbulk

His show is a failure, just like him.

October 22 2010 at 1:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
godlovelyrita

I really was surprised by how much I enjoy the Parker Spitzer show on CNN. I think it is very thought provoking and believe that the guests and topics are well thought out, well chosen and well discussed and debated in the one hour time slot for this program. As well I find the show to be less "defensive" that the previous show with Rick Sanchez. Somehow that show always left me feeling angry.

October 22 2010 at 12:50 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
ezek37

I dont like his looks he has very squinty eyes.

October 22 2010 at 12:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
r4dv

Morally bankrupt.... no organization should allow him in ! What was CNN thinking , or his spokeswomen for that matter.... what did Eliot promise her ????

October 22 2010 at 12:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
zettieny

Consequences kick butt, don't they, Elliott.

October 22 2010 at 12:28 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
wiseholmes

HE SHOULD HAVE MADE PROSTITUTION LEGAL WHEN HE WAS THE GOV. HE KNEW HE NEEDED THE SERVICES

October 22 2010 at 12:25 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
sheriffchris

Spitzer is a *****-monger in every sense. He ruined so many lives building his Political career it was "just" that he shamed himself in a way he can not ever mitigated. CNN...well they speak for themselves, but I thought Parker had more sense than to hook up with such a loser. When the Harvard Club rejects a LIBERAL...he must indeed be tainted....

October 22 2010 at 12:14 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply