Toys R UsToys R Us plans to hire 45,000 temporary staff as it gears up for the holiday season.

That's more staff than the company has hired in each of the last three holiday seasons and effectively doubles the company's domestic workforce, Toys R Us said in a statement.

"Toys R Us is a classic destination for Christmas shopping, and one of the ways we differentiate ourselves is by employing and training associates who can make sound toy buying recommendations based on a child's specific needs and interests," Executive Vice President, Human Resources Dan Caspersen said.

Of the new hires, about 35,000 will staff the company's 587 traditional Toys R Us stores, with the rest working in express stores and distribution centers.

Earlier this month, Toys R Us said it plans to open more than 600 new express stores to boost the company's holiday sales.

"We're not projecting a dramatic increase in the [economic] environment. We're saying Christmas will come," said CEO Jerry Storch. "What I need to do is make sure we're stocked up with the right product for Christmas . . . if that's being optimistic, great."

Professional Vs Do it Yourself Investing

Should you get advice or DYI?

Investment Strategies

What's your investing game plan?

BABIN

Well...all Voters in this country just a change party or the president this all is not going work because System need to be changes how is works in the last 50 years....simple as that...

September 29 2010 at 5:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
hello

Also a good amount of private sector jobs are found at pages such as craigslist . org so people, take what you can, something is better than nothing. Good luck.

September 29 2010 at 4:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
hello

One all time good seasonal-job is the UPS driver help position. Great pay, many hours, and potentially stay for long-term employment if you impress management. I know because many of my college friends went that route.

September 29 2010 at 4:27 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Karen

A job is a job if you don't have one. As for benefits, find me anybody who offers benefits these days and I'll apply right now. I work 2 jobs, one part-time ( with full time work load) and the other as an "independent contractor" ( which means my employer does not have to pay taxes or benefits because I am not technically an employee). Maybe if you stopped complaining for a minute you could be a part of the solution. We were on this course for a long time before Obama came on the scene. When it's somebody you like in office you make excuses for all the problems, but let an outsider come in and everything is there fault. Grow up people! You can't fix what's been broken for 8 years in a mere 2 years. Minimum wage and hard work for it? Be glad anybody is creating any jobs. Big business left because they want to make big profits and spend minimum on employees. Nobody ran them out, they left because they did not want to pay a fair wage because it would take away from their bottom line. Did no one else notice they wanted to lower wages and benefits plus get tax breaks. As I said, a job is a job. And a real American would work any job that gives them an honest days pay for an honest days work.

September 29 2010 at 4:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
P.J.

Can't wait !! Minimum wages with no benefits, AND it's temporary !!! The talking heads are right,"The recession is over" !!!!

September 29 2010 at 12:32 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to P.J.'s comment
lsoxchance

Its the Toys R Us Express stores, the recision isnt over, I dont see jobs that we need here back, they are all over in China, flip over 10 items at random you tell me where it is is made the next time you go shopping. also look in the frozen food sections in some stores it will say made in China, you tell me what is wrong with this picture, there are many people who aren't college bound because of issues with school. You all Egg heads will get the job first. I own a business, and I still work on the side of that. I take care of my parents, and I put my brother threw school, and I was active duty army till a back injury, but I do what I can....

September 29 2010 at 2:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
yeomanclass1

Teddy,the only republican worth voting for you know, whop ass in a can, a true naturalist and progressive

September 29 2010 at 12:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chic-A-Dee

When are they conducting interviews for the seasonal help?

September 29 2010 at 12:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
yeomanclass1

do you get a discount on the toys?

September 28 2010 at 11:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
setec5354

and the market is pumping up to crash deep into the hole!!!!!! temporary job is 100% not a recovery what so ever. just wait when the usps lay off 45,000 when the new contract is signed in December or Jan. The economy is damaged to the point it is way beyond repair!!!! It exactly like a nuclear bombardment of wall st. Capitalism is 100% corruption at best!!!!!!!!!!

September 28 2010 at 11:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gbelter777

do not hire the pervs at Toys R Us.

September 28 2010 at 11:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply