AppleAttention music lovers! If you've been holding out for a new iPod, your time may have come. Reports say that technology giant Apple (AAPL) may introduce a new line of iPods at an event on Sept. 1.

In recent years, Apple has used September events to unveil a new iPod in time for the holiday spending spree, Reuters reported. It frequently showcases new features for its iTunes online media store in September as well.

The company is expected to unveil a new iPod Touch with dual cameras at this year's event at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco.

Speculation has been mounting that Apple is working on a new version of Apple TV. The company is in discussions with major U.S. networks including ABC and NBC to offer TV shows for rent on iTunes, Reuters reported without naming its sources.

It is unlikely that Apple will make a major announcement regarding Apple TV next week, Reuters said.

Managing your Portfolio

Keeping your portfolio and financial life fit!

Investing in Startups

The lucrative and risky world of startups.

Brian

I hope they are going to fix their Itunes site. I have used PC's for 30 years, starting with the radio shack color computer and a model 2 in 1980. I have never used Apple. When the Ipad was introduced my first thought was why would anyone buy it. However as I read more and more articles I began to think that it could have some use. It is half the weight of my netbook without the charger. then I realised that I could could do some basic word processing, spreadsheets and email I thought it would be useful for business trips. I finally broke down and purchased one. The good news is it starts almost instantainiously, it has a nice screen and seems well made. When I went to the apps store and put in my account information it said immediately account declined. After trying this for a few days with the same result I setup a Paypal account, same thing. If I take out the account information I can get free apps. I wrote to Apple and they said they were working on a fix and would email me when completed, however a quick search of the Internet showed that as far back as 2008 people have had the same problem, with the same answer from Apple. This turned out to be an expensive e-reader, no more apple products for me.

August 29 2010 at 10:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
budwsr25

They need to put USB ports on the iPad. If that thing had usb i would have had it already. I use a wireless card on my computer. I don't need WIFI.

August 27 2010 at 12:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
steffenjobbs

Sweet. Another fine product and a couple of billion more dollars in revenue to keep shareholders happy. Competitors should just give up trying to keep up with Apple. Oh, wait! The rivals still need to supply cheap products to the iHater losers that can't afford genuine Apple products. Those indigent masses that have to settle for $30 no-name brand mp3 players that break after a few times use. The cheap fakes that bear the logo of a rotten apple with a worm popping out. I'd almost feel sorry for those losers, but I'll be too busy enjoying my top-of-the-line iPod Touch to even care. Go, Apple. Keep those magical iDevices coming.

August 26 2010 at 10:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RICHARD BONNET

APPLE BETTER START MAKING THEIR PRODUCTS IN THE UNITED STATES INSTED OF CHINA OR PEOPLE LIKE MYSELF ARE NOT GOING TO BUY THEM. WE NEED JOBS IN THE US AND APPLE COULD PROVIDE A GREAT SERVICE TO THIS COUNTRY. CAN YOU IMAGINE WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IF HENRY FORD BUILT HIS CARS OVERSEAS. I URGE EVERYONE TH WRITE APPLE AND THEIR CONGRESSMAN TO PRODUCE THE APPLE PRODUCTS HERE. I AM SURE THEY CAN FIND SOME LOCALE IN THE COUNTRY WHERE THEY DON'T HAVE UNIONS TO RUIN THEIR MANUFACTURING SITE.

August 26 2010 at 9:11 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to RICHARD BONNET's comment
Bruce

If Apple made these items in the US you wouldn't buy it anyway because it would cost too much..

August 28 2010 at 1:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
joe

Great. More Cupertino Kool Aide for the i-Dopes of the world.

August 26 2010 at 7:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pks29733steel

'Apple is going to introduce a Ipod with dual cameras', so what. You can go on the web and buy a MP3 player that has a camera and 8gb of mp3 storage at a 'big box' store's website for $60 bucks. What took Apple so long to put one in thier MP3 players? And I bet 'Apple' is going to charge alot more than $60 bucks!!!

August 26 2010 at 7:55 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Brian

What Apple NEEDS to do is update the iPad not the iPod. A portable computer that can't run multiple apps simultaneously, cd's and dvd's and has a limited number of ports will not stay competitive.

August 26 2010 at 3:34 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Brian's comment
budwsr25

Agree 100%

August 27 2010 at 12:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jdinardo6

ipod touch and "Roll the Bones" go together like Peanut Butter and Jelly: http://itunes.com/app/rollthebonesdicegame

August 26 2010 at 10:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply