Google TV's path to prime time has hit a bump. TV networks remain leery about sharing their video website data with Google (GOOG), which wants to offer a combined service of online and TV program listings and shows, according to a Wall Street Journal report.

Apparently, some of the content providers are questioning whether the proceeds they would receive from a Google TV partnership would be enough to offset any potential loss to their broadcast business. They also wonder if a deal would increase the chances of their content being pirated.

This setback comes roughly three months after Google unveiled its Google TV, touting it as a way to meld TV programs and Internet shows into one service viewed over traditional TVs. That content would include videos running on any site -- YouTube, corporate websites -- and TV networks. According to the Journal report, Google plans to offer its service via TV set-top boxes as early as this fall.


Increase your money and finance knowledge from home

What is Inflation?

Why do prices go up?

View Course »

Banking Services 101

Understand your bank's services, and how to get the most from them

View Course »

Add a Comment

*0 / 3000 Character Maximum

1 Comment

Filter by:
stanfordsjones

There content is going to be pirated anyways. Every time I read one of these stories, it deals with the rich getting richer. 90 percent of us are paying the other 10 percent's rich lifestyle. I tire of giving my hard earned money to the rich and I am guessing the rest of you are as well. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! If you want to make a difference and get your share of the money, just g.oog.le CASH TEACHER and go to the first site. They are that good. Check out the STOCK and CREDIT SCORE pages to see things that the rich do not want us to know in the worst way. It is time OUR families live the good life and this will get it started.

August 18 2010 at 9:15 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply