Disney (DIS) will raise prices for tickets to its resort parks as well as for parking.

The cost of single-day visit to either Disneyland or Disney California Adventure will go up by $4 to $76, while the price of an annual pass will go up by as much as $30, The Orange County Register reported. An adult ticket to visit Walt Disney World will rise from $79 to $82, News4Jax.com reported.

"We continuously monitor the marketplace to ensure pricing that reflects a strong entertainment value," said Suzi Brown, a Disneyland Resort spokeswoman, according to The Orange County Register.

The cost of parking in at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure will go up by $1 to $15 a car.

Investing in Emerging Markets

Learn to invest in a globalized world.

Reading a Stock Quote

Learn to read the ingredients of a stock.

elena

hate to say it, but they were turning people away last year during halloweentime in 2009...and soon california adventure will be adding several new rides that they're hoping will bring people in...i have yet to go on a day when it has not been crowded...there are a lot of annual pass holders who go to the parks...but i'll take DISNEYLAND over disneyworld any day of the week...it's a different class of people who go there...and they aren't for the better i'm sorry to say

August 12 2010 at 8:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ssnoopy55

I guess I won't be going. They must not want many people going there. Everything is going up and they are taking advantage og it. I will go somewhere else.

August 05 2010 at 5:50 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Linda

Disney is hurting due to reduced patronage, so they raise the prices? What a joke. They may be circling the drain soon.

August 05 2010 at 3:53 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
frank665

Hey... Why didn't someone tell me the recession was over? OH, it's not? Hey... Why didn't someone tell the folks at Disney there's a recession? Amazing how ALL prices seem to go up and then the powers that be claim we don't spend enough to help the economy!

August 05 2010 at 2:56 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to frank665's comment
goldy113

Hmmmmm, everyone seems to be crying the Blues about "this is raising in price" and "that is raising in price" for these parks BUT REMEMBER THEY ARE NOT NECESSITIES OF LIFE!!! THEY ARE LUXURIES!!! SO, if you're going to cry then cry about the cost of WHAT YOU NEED TO LIVE, and believe me, going to visit the Rat is NOT A NECESSITY!!!!!!!

August 05 2010 at 9:47 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
BudThePatriot

most of the people that can afford it..are from other Countries..ya know the one's we shipped all our jobs to..and then in return we go bankrupt cause now with what little jobs are left we have to compete with 30 million illegals in this Country who Employers love to exploit and bring our wages down and give our Jobs away to fatten their own pockets..So hmmm Got love our UnAmerican POS Government for turning us into a third world

August 05 2010 at 2:19 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to BudThePatriot's comment
uj56

You are sooooo right!!!!!! I'm with you there.

August 05 2010 at 8:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
CHOTZY

Give me a break!!! You take away the best attraction ( ELP ) AND THEN RAISE THE PRICES. WTH ! AMERICAN GREED. HOW MANY KIDS WILL NEVER KNOW WALT'S DREAM NOW. WE AND MANY ACQUINTENS WILL NEVER RETURN. Good luck with the crap and may your pockets get holes in them. LOL

August 05 2010 at 1:26 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
midsite

The ticket prices were always expensive....it's a FAMILY PARK...but if you have kids....you can't afford it. Especially in todays economic crises. I won't be going there for a LOOOOONG TIME. And KEIL is right...the rides in DISNEYLAND are old and the paint is fading. I was a little disgusted with it...and embarrassed. I grew up in California...went to school there, gradutated and then married..moved to Washtington State. I have 4 kids and we make trips to Californa alot to see relatives. We have been to Disneyland 2 times in 20 years. It's just too expensive and the "OLDNESS" is really showing. You need to do some PAINTING there people. Disneyworld is better....but it's too much to go very often. Disneyworld is layed out different....TOO much walking to the next ride. My kids were not impressed with either. Walt is rolling in his grave.

August 05 2010 at 11:55 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
KIEL

how do they justify raising prices all the time? have you been lately? the majority of the rides are how many decades old? the y are rickety with horrible sound quality, Disney rides were left in the 80's . its sad. but im supposed to spend $500 just on a 1 day visit there, and i live in florida!

August 05 2010 at 11:11 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
mhouse20054

DEAR MR. BUFFETT AND MR. BILL GATES.

I HEAR OF ALL THE MONEY YOU DONATE TO 3RD WORLD COUBTRIES AND I APPLAUD YOU FOR THAT, BUT I AM WRITING TO YOU TO BORROW/LOAN FOR MY EDUCATION. I AM A RN NOW AND I NEEDMY MASTERS TO TEACH, COULD YOU THIK ABOUT IT. I HOPE THIS REACHES YOUR DESK SOMEDAY,
SINCERELY,
CIRI BAEHMAN
4704 PATTY LANE,
RINGWOOD IL, 60072
815-653-7004 HOME
815-403-8085

August 05 2010 at 7:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bluegrassguitar

Obviously, Disney is doing its part to fight the evils of deflation. Although I appreciate the effort, I don't think I'll be going to their parks. But, hey, keep up the good work!

August 04 2010 at 5:11 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply