Penn State World Campus allows students to get a degree from the comfort of their home and adds credibility to the world of online degrees. Deborah A. Benedetti, Penn State's outreach contact, told WalletPop in an interview that "Penn State World Campus now offers more than 70 certificate, associate's, bachelor's and master's degree programs online." The degrees include traditional liberal arts, specialized certificates, bachelor's, and master's degrees.
Penn State World Campus offers many of the same majors and programs that a student can get from a traditional brick-and-mortar college. Some of the most popular programs offered at Penn State World Campus are:
- Intercollege master of business Administration, and online MBA designed for experienced professionals.
- Geographic Information Systems portfolio which fulfills the requirements of the first year of Penn State's online master's degree program in GIS.
- Bachelor's degree in psychology: The B.A. in psychology focuses on social service aspects of the field and the B.S. in psychology at Penn State World Campus focuses on human resources, management, and leadership development.
- Special Education Portfolio, which includes graduate certificate programs for teachers and educators at Penn State World Campus.
- Applied Statistics: Students can earn a graduate certificate or a masters degree program on research and data analysis.
- Children's Literature: Students can choose between a graduate certificate in children's literature and an M.Ed. in curriculum and instruction with an emphasis in children's literature.
- Turfgrass management : One of the first courses offered online at Penn State World Campus focusing on the study of soils, grasses, pesticides, disease management, pest management, weed control and more. This program is for professionals who manage golf courses and sports complexes.