If I had to do ALL my Christmas shopping say, now, I would chose one of the following stores to do the deed. No driving around to a dozen stores, no braving the mall. And for the record, I swear this is totally hypothetical. Wink wink.
- Walgreens -- I dropped by the other day and they had a surprising number of good Christmas presents that I never expected to see, like a set of three stainless steels mugs for $10, the game Bananagrams for $16, and packs of Thin Mints for 2/$2.
- Target -- They got toys, clothes, kitchenware, linens, and cards. Just be prepared to bump elbows as others are heading there too.
- Dollar Store -- Your local dollar store (99 Cents Only, Dollar Tree, etc.) is ground zero if you are putting together gift baskets. With the range of items they sell, you can create baskets themed around spa/toiletries, gourmet foods, holiday decor, or letter-writing. Many of the 99 Cent Only stores also sell wine.
- Trader Joe's -- Wine, excellent food, and dirt-cheap chocolate. Need I say more?
- Frugal Rhode Island Mama found some great last-minute gifts at Staples.
Where would you head to wrap up all your holiday shopping? Not that you've procrastinated this long...