The Expanded and Updated edition adds more than 100 pages to The 4 Hour Workweek (4HWW) to help you complete Ferriss' 4 steps toward escaping a 9-5 job that rewards the appearance of being busy. The entire program can still be broken down into one word - DEAL. These four steps; Definition, Elimination, Automation and finally Liberation are as important to adopting Tim's "luxury lifestyle design" as they were when the original version was published, but thanks to the addition of four things the updated 4 Hour Workweek is significantly better.
What makes The 4-Hour Workweek, Expanded and Updated Edition better than the original?
- Case studies and tips -- make it easier to see how others applied the 4HWW to their life.
- More details on how Tim tested and launched his business -- making it easier for readers to duplicate.
- Updated tools -- 2 years can bring big changes online and the new version includes updated tools to help you with each of the DEAL steps.
- Strategy is more applicable to anyone with a spouse or children than the original book.
Even if you aren't yet looking to leave the 9-5 world, the 4HWW includes the following information that will improve your finances and free-time.
- Script for arranging a remote-work arrangement.
- Detailed information on finding a muse to automate your earnings.
- How to outsource the annoying parts of your life or job.
- Templates to streamline your life and negotiate with your boss for better pay and benefits.
In all, the expanded and updated edition is a great read. If you are looking for a book to inspire your New Year's resolutions, then The 4-Hour Workweek, Expanded and Updated Edition is it! If you buy the book before Dec. 22nd, you can participate in a live, two-hour, Q&A session with Ferriss about the 4 Hour Workweek book and lifestyle.
My final bit of advice; skip the audio book. Even though the same information is in the audiobook, and you can download many of the templates and images online, I found that seeing the diagrams while I read the information was more helpful than looking them up later.