Toys R Us has been introducing new deals at a furious pace leading up to Black Friday, and beginning Friday, Nov. 18, the chain is expanding its layaway program to video game hardware (except in Maryland). Placing a product on layaway requires a deposit of 20% of the total, including taxes and a $10 service charge. Items must be paid for in full by Dec. 6.
The retailer began taking trade-ins of video game software in October, and will now accept hardware, as well. Bring gaming devices to a Toys R Us store and have the hardware scanned at the service desk to determine value. Accept the offer and you'll be issued a gift card for the value that can be redeemed immediately in store or online.
Other deals for Nov. 20 to Nov. 22 include the Nintendo DS Lite for $64.99 (normally $129.99) when purchased as part of a Ready To Play DS Lite Pack totaling $157.95. This includes two games.
Deals for Sunday only:
- Buy one get half off all Nintendo DS and PlayStation Portable games
- Save $25 off The Beatles: Rockband Value Bundle for Wii, Xbox 360 or PS3. Was $159.99, now $134.99
- Save $10 on The Beatles: Rockband for Wii, Xbox 360 or PS3. Was $59.99; now $49.99
- 30% off select video game storage units
- Free gift cards with purchase of select video games, items vary.