Retailers offer these deals to spur the sales of gift cards for others, but many bargain lovers like myself pick up these deals just to save money on our own purchases.
DealNews has a roundup of several great gift card bonus offers that could be great for gifting or saving money on your own purchases, including;
- 20% off gift card purchases at Eastbay with coupon code.
- Free $5 gift card with $25 gift card purchase at Boston Market.
- 10% bonus on Marriott gift cards.
- $20 gift card on $100 gift card purchase at Outback and other OSI restaurants
- And many more deals including Ruth Chris, L.L. Bean and others.
As mentioned, many people like to purchase a gift card for themselves in order to get the bonus. On important thing you need to know is that most bonus gift card offers at restaurants can't be used until after the new year, so don't expect to cover your bill with the gift card plus bonus if you pick one up on your next dinner out.