It is well known that couples in long term relationships are healthier and wealthier. The best relationships are friendships that catch fire. How well do you know your partner and their view of the world? Answer the following questions "yes" or "no" to find out.
- I understand my partner's philosophies about life.
- I consider my partner to be my very best friend.
- We often touch and kiss for no particular reason.
- I call my partner several times a day.
- I understand my partner's dreams for the future.
- We find our sex life is fun and satisfying.
- We touch base everyday about how our day is going.
- If I have a problem, I talk with my partner.
- We have scheduled activities that we look forward to.
- We have similar values and goals.
- I think that my partner has high integrity.
- I can't wait to get home at the end of the day.
- We have favorite traditions for many of the holidays.
- I feel that my partner respects me.
- We enjoy many of the same activities.
- My partner understands my family.
- My partner makes me laugh.
How many "Yes" answers did you have?
15 or more: You have a strong relationship built on friendship.
9-14: You have a good base but additional work will enhance your relationship. This is a good time to utilize additional tools.
8 or fewer: Get busy or you and your partner risk drifting apart.
Barbara Bartlein is the author of Why Did I Marry You Anyway? Overcoming the Myths That Hinder a Happy Marriage. For more marriage tips, please visit: Marriage Advice