Let's take a look at the costs of getting your photos printed.
Do it at Home based on purchasing the ink and paper for at least 100 prints at a time.
- Inkjet starting at 15 cents per print and $50 for a printer.
- Dye sublimation starting at 28 cents per print and $150 for a printer.
- Wal-Mart 1 hour: 19 cents per print, 15 cents per print for orders over 100.
- Wal-Mart in-store pickup: 15 cents per print.
- Meijer in store pickup: 25 cents per print.
- Shutterfly.com: 15 cents per print, as low as 10 cents per print when you prepay for 600 prints.
- Snapfish.com: 9 cents per print, as low as 8 cents when you prepay for 250 prints.
We normally go with Wal-Mart for the ease of a quick pickup at a reasonable cost, and the fact that we are a block away from Wal-Mart doesn't hurt. Even though I thought we knew about all of the options for getting photos printed, the prepaid plans are new to me and the low cost may get us to plan ahead and do our ordering exclusively through one of these vendors. Now if only I could find a good source for picking up scrapbook supplies in bulk.