Eliot Spitzer job hunts and other money news on June 11, 2008
Jun 11th 2008 11:27AM
Updated Jun 12th 2008 7:58PM
It seems like a day for hubris and comeuppance in the corporate world. Dethroned New York governor Eliot Spitzer may be starting a "vulture fund," to make investment in distressed real estate projects. Meanwhile, Kenneth Lay's widow settled some fuss over her distressed real estate, a dispute over condo dues as the Enron debacle continues to have impact on Texas communities. And Donald Trump is also in the news, defending a golf course he wants to build in Scotland.
News nuggets you need to know today:
- Staples Buys Corporate Express for 2.65 Billion
- Gap May Shrink Stores to Save Money
- Why Did Food Sellers Treat Tomatoes Like Hot Potatoes?
- Abu Dhabi to Buy NY's Chrysler Building
- Beef Protesters Take Aim at McDonald's
- Raid on Kosher Meat Plant May Spike Prices
- Gay Marriage May Boost Ailing California Economy
Elsewhere on the Web:
- Supply of Hybrids Runs Out of Gas as Demand Soars
- Geyser Peak, Six other Wineries Sold
- Organic Alcohol Sparks New Cocktail Trend
- 13 Dumb Job-Interview Moves
- Do You Know What's in Your Spouse's Wallet?
- St. John's Word Fails to Help Kids with ADHD
- Grow Your Own Tomatoes
- Six of the Coolest, Most Futuristic Car Gadgets fr your Car
- Rising Gas Prices are Hurting Non-Profits
- Four Alternatives to Summer Jobs for Teens
- Beloved Characters Reimagined for the 21st Century